The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 5:17 AM, bluejay said:
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 9:59 AM, JeffB said:

TBG: Regarding your question about the art I had seen on Saturday, yeah, there were lots of stuff I liked, but wow, talk about expensive!

heelsrus2000 & bluejay: Thanks for the kind words on my latest outing and what I wore. Much appreciated.

No jaunts of late. Football? Bad weather? Or something else? I guess you're putting together something smart for autumn. Keep us posted :) 

Jaunt #334, 10/2/2016: I'll be the first person to tell you I'm no fashionista, but I do make a note to study what women wear, then do as best I can to emulate what I see, and that was the case with today's outfit. After a cloudy, rainy and cool Saturday, today was a repeat except for the rain, and with some time to kill before the day's NFL action, I headed out in my trusty denim jacket over a red t-shirt, a black denim pencil skirt, a black handbag and my newest footwear acquisition from Payless, the "Martinez" black faux suede booties. Now, I've seen lots of women wearing booties now that fall is here, so I decided to give them a try and bought a pair of my own on Saturday, I found them to have been cute and comfortable while the 2 1/2 inch stacked heels were delightfully loud on the pavement. I can't wait for later on in the season to pair the booties with black tights which would make for a nice look. Meanwhile, today's outing was my 250th in a skirt, quite an accomplishment, given the humble origins of this thread some eight years ago this month, and wearing skirts on my adventures has become very important to me as a freestyler.

My first stop was to Springfield and Acme supermarket to buy a couple of odds and ends, the only look I got from from a young child who was leaving the store with his mother while I was leaving, no big deal, that sort of thing happens all the time. After leaving Acme with my parcels (ten bottles of sparkling water), I headed back into town and center city to fiddle around for awhile, after parking the car, I took a leisurely walk to Barnes & Noble to look around, leaving with a new anime magazine, after leaving, I walked three blocks down the street to One Liberty Square (a skyscraper office building) and it's second floor food court for lunch, enjoying a corned beef special at Bain's Deli, unlike weekdays or even Saturdays, there wasn't too much of a crowd, but there were enough people who saw me and, as usual, no one paid me any attention which is pretty much par for course for me, and that's cool. After lunch, I went down to the ground floor sat in a chair in the rotunda and fiddled on my phone, checking for emails for little over twenty minutes while people came and went without taking notice of my attire, and that made for a good feeling. With twenty minutes remaining on the parking meter, I left the building and casually strolled back to where my car was and returned home to watch football.

Another successful outing, one made all the better thanks to the new footwear I sported as I enjoyed those Payless booties I wore which looked good on me and the skirt I wore. There's no doubt in my mind I'll be wearing them more with fall here and winter on the way. More to come....

Jaunt #334, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #334, outfit-1.jpg

martinez.jpg

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 3

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Great combination JeffB.  You losing weight... the shirt looks very nice.  The booties work well too... (but they would have been nicer had they been 22" taller :angel:).

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Looks great! I'm wearing stockings now with my knee-length skirts, they keep me warm as the weather has turned that bit colder in the mornings and evenings. Not bad during the day. Well worth investing in some! They are practical for every day, too. Love the booties too! :cheeky: 

• Like 1

Nice early fall look, JeffB. I like the booties with the skirt very much. I'm seeing lots of women wearing similar booties, these days. I too pay attention to what other women are wearing, so I can wear similar attire and footwear.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! I kinda thought the booties would attract attention for the gang here, and I certainly enjoyed wearing them the other day. And I look forward to wearing the booties again soon!

• Like 1

I've been looking for some block heel ankle boots.  Those are a style I'd like, Jeff, but I would prefer that heel be another inch and a half higher.  I believe that these days you are going more for the look, Jeff, while I am still enjoying the feel of wearing heels.  If the heel would be as low as those boots, I'd really not get much of the feel of heels from them, and hence, not as much enjoyment.  As has been stated, however, your look is quite nice.  

• Like 1

CAT: Thanks for your kind words!

RonC: I found your comments most interesting. Yes, I am all about the complete look these days from head to toe, I feel perfectly content wearing anything from flat sandals to five inch heeled thigh boots. To me, I more than likely would've lost interest in high heels if they were all I wore, evolving to wearing clothes and shoes has greatened my appreciation, and enjoyment for women's wear. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RonC said:

I've been looking for some block heel ankle boots.  Those are a style I'd like, Jeff, but I would prefer that heel be another inch and a half higher.  I believe that these days you are going more for the look, Jeff, while I am still enjoying the feel of wearing heels.  If the heel would be as low as those boots, I'd really not get much of the feel of heels from them, and hence, not as much enjoyment.  As has been stated, however, your look is quite nice.  

I had never really thought about this before in quite this way, but yeah, that's me too. In fact, I hardly even notice your shoes these days, Jeff, and perhaps that is your goal. 

I agree with Ron. There is something about the feel of wearing a substantially steep heel that I find attractive and comforting. If I could only wear shoes such as your new booties (which are very sharp, by the way), I probably wouldn't even bother with wearing women's style shoes at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

In fact, I hardly even notice your shoes these days

Feeling somewhere between :bawling:, :blinkbigeyes:, :contemplating:, and :censored:.

Kidding aside, that is quite a complement on how well JeffB's outfits are put together.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I had never really thought about this before in quite this way, but yeah, that's me too. In fact, I hardly even notice your shoes these days, Jeff, and perhaps that is your goal

I agree with Ron. There is something about the feel of wearing a substantially steep heel that I find attractive and comforting. If I could only wear shoes such as your new booties (which are very sharp, by the way), I probably wouldn't even bother with wearing women's style shoes at all. 

Well, I like to think it is as my goal is the complete package, the overall appearance, not just one article of clothing or footwear. I put a lot of time and attention to my appearance, in looking my best, and I'm glad my hard work has paid off.

5 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Feeling somewhere between :bawling:, :blinkbigeyes:, :contemplating:, and :censored:.

Kidding aside, that is quite a complement on how well JeffB's outfits are put together.

Thanks for the kind words, TBG! Much appreciated.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JeffB said:

CAT: Thanks for your kind words!

RonC: I found your comments most interesting. Yes, I am all about the complete look these days from head to toe, I feel perfectly content wearing anything from flat sandals to five inch heeled thigh boots. To me, I more than likely would've lost interest in high heels if they were all I wore, evolving to wearing clothes and shoes has greatened my appreciation, and enjoyment for women's wear. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

TBH the shoes are just accessories to such a great outfit :cheeky: the shoes compliment the outfit. A pair of heels so outrageous it overpowers your clothes is not needed. Looking forward to your next jaunt :) 

• Like 1

Jeff - I hope you didn't take my comments in a negative way, as that certainly wasn't how they were meant.  Just trying to indicate that my enjoyment comes from a different angle.  I appreciate what you do - personally, I just don;t see myself walking around in a dress or skirt in my otherwise male appearance.  But then I am not trim like you, nor am I as young.  The whole idea is to enjoy what we do here - be it shoes only or full outfits.  So have fun with it! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I had never really thought about this before in quite this way, but yeah, that's me too. In fact, I hardly even notice your shoes these days, Jeff, and perhaps that is your goal. 

MLP:  if you haven't already, try 6pm.com.  I've purchased a few pair of booties from them.  They're associated with Amazon.com and always have a good selection, reasonable prices and great service.  

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

11 hours ago, RonC said:

Jeff - I hope you didn't take my comments in a negative way, as that certainly wasn't how they were meant.  Just trying to indicate that my enjoyment comes from a different angle.  I appreciate what you do - personally, I just don;t see myself walking around in a dress or skirt in my otherwise male appearance.  But then I am not trim like you, nor am I as young.  The whole idea is to enjoy what we do here - be it shoes only or full outfits.  So have fun with it! 

Negative way? Nope, not at all. Not everyone here can do what I do, we're all individuals with our own goals and objectives and dreams. As long as you're content with what you enjoy, that's the important thing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CPB said:

Very smart outfit. Well put together as usual :clap::thumbsup:.

Thanks for the kind words!

Jaunt #335, 10/10/2016: The combination of the threadbare remnants of Hurricane Matthew that blew through as afternoon rain, followed by a cold front that came in overnight, leading to morning rain resulted in a sunny and chilly Columbus Day, and since I had the day off, I was eager to go on an outing, garbed in my black faux leather jacket over a blue t-shirt, the gray denim 16 inch miniskirt with the distressed hem, black tights, the Walking Cradles "Elites" riding boots and a black handbag. Even though it was rather chilly, despite the sunshine, I was quite comfortable, especially with the tights I had on, and it sure felt good to wear the riding boots again which looked sharp paired with the short skirt. My first stop was into Springfield and Best Buy where I haven't visited for a few weeks and I spent well over half and hour there before leaving with a Blu-Ray copy of Attack On Titan, a live action film version of the popular Japanese manga and anime.

My second stop was downtown, yep, my regular center city haunt of Rittenhouse Square where I parked around 12:30 p.m., the downtown area was plenty crowded since it was a holiday for most, so the streets were plenty packed as I strolled down to One Liberty Place and it's second floor food court for lunch. On the way there, I was at a corner when a youngish woman in glasses smiled at me and said she liked my boots, I thanked her and said I bought them at Maryland Square, she nodded and said she'd looked up the website. The court was fairly full too, but, like on the street, no one paid me any attention as I bought a corned beef special with a bottle of water from Bain's Deli, then I retreated to a table to eat, surrounded by all sorts of people where I ate in complete peace. After I finished eating, I went down to the ground floor rotunda, took a seat and read my newspaper for about half an hour while people came and went, ignoring me the whole time while I was in plain view of everyone in sight. Once I finished reading, I packed up, left and strolled back up the street to where my car was, surrounded by crowds of people who didn't give me so much as the time of day, when I was block from where I parked, a young black man coming towards me said in passing, "I like your hook-up", I grinned and thanked him.

I know I've said this more than a few times in this thread, but it never fails to amaze me just how easy it is to do what I do, to come and go in women's clothes and footwear without a lick of trouble or attracting any attention from passersby, and it was a boatload of fun, something that never gets old for me. More to come....

Jaunt #335, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #335, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

Jeff,

Way COOL outfit for the cool weather approaching.  I hear you on people don't really care what we wear.  I too wear heels and skirts and I've said that many times also.  I travel on business and spend 2 to 3 nights a week in hotels.  And I am always in a skirt and heels and only a rare few will ask or comment.  

Henri

• Like 1

Looking fabulous again, Jeff! I need to start wearing thicker tights as the weather has gotten cooler, and my skirt hem is closer to my knees :P The boots are a nice touch, and I love that colour skirt! I had a Zara one in that colour that I lent to a friend, I need to get that back from him this weekend! (he was the one in the black dress I was posing with when I was wearing my work skirt and that silly wig! :cheeky: ) Looking forward to your next jaunt :)

• Like 1

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 9:44 AM, JeffB said:

Henri1942 & heelsrus2000: Thanks for the kind words.

No problem! I'm going to get my Zara knee length grey pencil on with some stockings, its halfway between tights weather or shave and go without or wear pop sox. Might treat myself to some shoes as well. Looking forward to your next jaunt for fashion advice ♡

• Like 1

Jaunt #336, 10/15/2016: Ahhh, nothing like a sunny and crisp Saturday for an outing, and with temps around the mid to upper 60's, the weather was perfect for wearing my denim jacket over a pink tank top, the blue denim button down skirt, the Payless "Cori" wedge flats and a black handbag. I hadn't worn the Cori shoes in awhile, but they were comfy and tailor made for the purely casual outfit I wore, as for the tank, I rather enjoyed the low cut profile, I'd even go so far as to say the neckline gives me the illusion of displaying cleavage, and I found that to be lots of fun. Oh, yeah, I have no problem whatsoever with wearing pink in public, heck, I like it a lot.

My first stop was downtown where I parked a block away from my friendly neighborhood comic book shop where I headed first and yakked with one of the co-workers about the upcoming Eagles-Redskins game, then I strolled five blocks down the street, crowded as always on Saturday to One Liberty Place for lunch, of course, no one gave me so much as a glance or a sideways look, and that's fine by me, it means I've succeeded in putting together the sort of outfit that enables me to blend in with my surroundings, something I've been pretty much obsessed about ever since I made the bold step to wear women's clothes and shoes on my outings, a passion I take very seriously. Reaching the building, I strolled right in and went up to the second floor where the food court is and had a chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of water from Chick-Fil-A. There wasn't as much of a crowd as there would be on a weekday when it's packed to the gills, but that was cool. After lunch, I headed back to the car, along the way, I passed by half a dozen women wearing pink tops and workout gear, one of them said to me, "Thanks for wearing pink! It helps a lot!" For those who may not know it, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and pink is the color for this special month.

Back in the car, I drove over the Ben Franklin Bridge to South Jersey and headed to Sears at the Moorestown Mall where I did a little shopping, and yes, I bought some new skirts, a guy can never have too many skirts, and these three knee length knit A-lines I bought in black, gray and plaid looked good. You'll see them on future outings. I then walked into the mall and wandered around, passing people left and right with nary an old look, stare or double take, and that felt plenty good, being able to blend in, and that's plenty enjoyable, I even sat in a chair and fiddled on my phone for some fifteen minutes. No big deal at all because I acted like I belonged there, and I did, nothing more, nothing less. I continue being living proof that public fashion freestyling can be done, and done well. More to come....

Jaunt #336, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #336, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome outing Jeff!  Funny when you and I tell others that we blend in and no one gives you a good look or a bad look.   It's so true.  I have noticed when  I'm out walking on Michigan Ave in Chicago I don't think anyone hardly notices.  Never a bad comment anymore.  Just an occasional I like your shoes or I like your outfit.   

Hope others can follow along (or walk with us! lol)

• Like 1

JeffB i'm overwhelmingly happy for you being free from oppressed judgemental stares or commentary. 

Have to add with respect what you're wearing and the whole outfit when quickly glanced upon from afar can be mistaken as ordinary heavy set black woman with short hair. Yet you do it successfully without anyone getting offended or jealous  in a bad way unlike myself.

On the streets whenever it's busy people aren't out taking up the sights unless you're a construction worker on a lunch break sitting by watching endless females stroll by.

People are busy or in a rush not caring about saying hello or chatting. It's all about quick glances and presuming your gender is a woman and end of story. Yet if anyone looks more closely they may react differently startled, laughing upon oneself assuming your a lady, finding out the contrary etc..

Believe this gender identification signals, to many people's brain as what you're wearing is female then no longer do we need to inspect closer.  

Happens to me often at the gym when newbie members may start concentrating on their workout unaware of others surrounding them in a crowded gym. Some may look at my legs seeing my crop tights and instantly believe, oh that's just another thin female. Until they are intrigued or impressed look closer and find it's a man with a fit female type body. Then the longer stare or giggling to oneself of the presumed error of my gender.

Same as i shop walking towards the mall entrance parking lot seeing some people walking towards my direction. From a distance none notices except a silhouette of what presumes a female in skinny jeans  and bootie heels. Once we get closer reactions are different, giggles, small commentary about how terrible skinny jeans look on a guy, while laughing commenting on my close resemblance appearing like  a girl. 

While my workplace almost every woman doesn't say hello or wants to share any comments with me. What i found reason being is they detested me wearing skinny female jeans (designer ones). While i outfit myself in traditional male pants suddenly i get a smirking, smiling hello or acknowledgement staring at my loose fitting clothes. While they themselves, woman at work wearing skinny painted on jeans with a body and legs that could easily be detested more than mine. 

Your lucky that you can wear what you enjoy and people acknowledge you with regular genuine kindness regardless what they feel your wearing.

When i first wore pink tank or short sleeve activewear shirt in the gym woman frozen stood glaring, laughed uncontrollably, or giggled to one self turning back as something i had no business wearing. Sometimes it's uncomfortable seeing couple laugh upon me while seeing me countless times but only difference seeing  wear a hot pink long sleeve workout top in the gym. Thanks for the heads up October being breast cancer awareness month, gives me excuse to wear more pink colours than usual at the gym. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

Nice look JeffB. I usually don't wear flats with a skirt, but your look is OK. Just like you, I like to wear pink colors a lot, especially this month for Breast Cancer Awareness. Today I wore a pair of pink pants, with black polo shirt with Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon , on my shirt,  with a pair of black patent pumps. I carried a multi  floral colored, cross body bag. I got several compliments on my wearing pink from women and even from men too. "Thank-you for wearing pink",  was the favored comment today, both at church and during my Sunday shopping.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Jaunt #337, 10/17/2016: Last Monday, I was wearing a jacket, tights and knee boots as the weather was crisp and chilly. A week later, temps were in the low 80's as it felt more like late summer than early fall. Amazing! Anyhoo, that motivated me to run a couple of errands after work as a brief jaunt, attired in a brown embroidered tank top, an 18 inch Old Navy khaki skirt, the Payless "Margarita" low wedge slides in natural and a matching handbag. Nothing fancy or flashy, just a purely casual outfit for a little running around.

I headed west into Springfield, stopping at Acme supermarket to stock up on flavored sparkling water which I've come to enjoy of late, it was about 4:30 in the afternoon and the market was plenty full, yet, as usual, I wandered the aisles with nary a look, save from a middle aged lady ahead of me in line who said she liked my tank, and I thanked her for the compliment. After leaving the market, I headed down the road to my home away from home, Best Buy where I indulged in something I've wanted for awhile, Bluetooth earbuds for my iPhone so I don't have to deal with annoying wires with wired earbuds, and they're plenty cool, I wish I had bought a pair long ago.

Even though it was a short outing, just under an hour and a half, anytime I can go out in a skirt and heels, be they low or high, it's a good time, and it always feels great to wear women's clothes in public. More to come....

Jaunt #337, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #337, outfit-2.jpg

Great look JeffB (as usual :penitent:).  Your effort in putting together an outfit is well rewarded.  I've previously grumbled at your choice of a tank top but this one really works.

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

Bluetooth earbuds for my iPhone so I don't have to deal with annoying wires with wired earbuds, and they're plenty cool,

I'd loose my head if it weren't attached so good luck keeping track of the ear buds.

• Like 1