The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Nice look JeffB, including the blue neck-fob and matching bracelet.

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

of course, no one paid me a moment's attention in the park

Is this, or was this a problem?  I know it used to bug the daylights out of me when nobody noticed (it doesn't bother me anymore).  In several of the places I now frequent the staff knows me well and offers positive comments on my clothing choices.  I don't know if their positive comments are good for me or not, as they tend to encourage me, but it's nice to get complements.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Loving the bright red top! Really goes well with your skirt. Cute shoes as well. Love the patriotic red white and blue thing you have going on. I'm building my denim pencil skirt collection and my grey Zara one came today, a snug fit, just right for a trip to the shops. Was only popping out to get some tights so a quick trip. Need to take thd plunge and get some shoes like yours though! Looking forward to your next jaunt :) 

• Like 1

Nice patriotic look JeffB, for the 4th of July holiday.

I did a similar look wearing, a red polo shirt, with a white mini skirt, 6" above my knee, with my new Uggs, "Jennie", t-strap sandals, in dark blue, with 3" block heels. To match my dark blue shoes, I carried a dark blue, cross body bag. I also had my little pinkies professionally colored, in red, white and blue designs, for the holiday. I got more compliments on my little pinkie designs, that I did on my skirt and heels. Figure that one out!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, folks! I do as best I can to look stylish and fashionable, and it was fun to wear the red, white and blue last Saturday!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jaunt #323, 7/10/2016: After a positively wretched week weather wise, what with temps in the mid 90's most of the days, a quick hitting thunderstorm Saturday afternoon knocked the temps down to manageable levels on Sunday, I headed out on a jaunt, deciding to dress up a little in a black tank top, a lined, below the knee printed skirt from Sears, my newest footwear acquisitions, the Payless "Noble" flat sandals in white and a matching handbag, because I always make sure my bag matches my shoes. I think I've reached yet another level in my journey as a fashion freestyler because I not only looked forward to wearing flat sandals, I actually LONGED to do so, and the Noble shoes were very stylish. In fact, I haven't worn heels higher than one and half inches since early June, and I'm perfectly cool with that, I've found that it's very....liberating to wear flat sandals like the multitudes of girls and women out and about during spring and summer, that I don't need to wear high heels to make a fashion statement, and that's rather empowering.

As for the outing, armed with my Barnes & Noble nook e-reader in my bag, I headed into town and my usual haunt, Rittenhouse Square Park, after a thirty Knute hunt for a parking spot, I jumped out, fed the meter and strolled to the park some three blocks away. The temps were not only comfortable, there was a good breeze blowing which gently whipped the light fabric skirt about my shins as I walked, and that felt kind of daring to me while the sandals were comfy and easy to walk in, and, of course, no one paid me so much as a moments worth of attention on my way to the park and after I arrived, even though the park was packed with people, I've gotten used to that, thought that disappoints as I'm always eager to engage with people who engage with me about my attire. Seated on the bench with The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes on my e-reader, I was an hour into my reading when an older couple sat next to me and fiddled with their smartphones, then, the lady let out a little Yelp, I turned to see what had happened, she had a dollop of bird crap on her bare forearm, something that amused her more than angered her, fortunately, I had gotten into the habit of keeping a packet of tissues in my bag and gave one to her to wipe away the offending goo. She thanked me, then chuckled, saying she had that happen to her a week ago and joked she was a bird magnet, the couple and I got a little laugh out of that before they up and left.

Not one mention from the couple about my attire, the brief chatter was all about the bird poo. Predictably, I looked up in the trees out of mild concern, though I've yet to be bombed by birds while in the park, though I suppose it's only a matter of time. Funny, isn't it, how life works? Anyhow, it wound up being a pleasant outing, something I've come to expect, but I never take anything for granted. More to come....

Jaunt #323, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #323, outfit-2.jpg

noble.jpg

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

JeffB;

That isn't my favorite JeffB outfit (the skirt is too much of an attention getter), but as my grandmother taught me, "if you cant say something nice..." so, "hey JeffB nice shoes". :angel:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hey Jeff, you should try some outdoor shots - I took your advice and dressed a little bit more sensible (sorry to impose but you know I always do :) ) - I think denim suits you better than the last ensemble which adds 40 years to you...  Here's me visiting a mate, I wore my fave frayed hem Gap pencil with boots and tights as it was a little cold :silly:

Ever thought about a nice printed pencil skirt? I think you have the figure for it!

Still, looking forward to your next (denim skirted) jaunt :cheeky:

P1110476s.jpg

P1110478s.jpg

P1110480s.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the comments, everyone. As for TBG, well, you can't please everybody. Heh! 

heelsrus2000: Nice outfit. As for outdoor shots, that's not a priority with me, I just go out and about, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 9:13 PM, JeffB said:

Thanks for the comments, everyone. As for TBG, well, you can't please everybody. Heh! 

heelsrus2000: Nice outfit. As for outdoor shots, that's not a priority with me, I just go out and about, nothing more, nothing less.

Ok... as you wish. No jaunts this weekend?  That's a shame :nono: 

Been a tad lazy of late, and unless I'm 100% devoted to a jaunt, then I don't bother. Perhaps this coming weekend.

Lazy JeffB. Not me. Tonight I went out wearing my new red skort, white polo shirt, Aerosoles, white wedge heels slides, with of course a "WHITE" cross body bag. I had a nice time out on a warm summer evening and the cooling effect of wearing the skort, was fantastic!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Mr. Bluejay.....   Aerosoles, love 'em.  What was the Aerosoles style sandal that you were wearing?  I have been looking at the Aerosoles "Yetterday," a cool looking wedgie heel with an ankle strap.   Have fun....   sf

aerog777497_5595_jb.jpg

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

14 hours ago, SF said:

Mr. Bluejay.....   Aerosoles, love 'em.  What was the Aerosoles style sandal that you were wearing?  I have been looking at the Aerosoles "Yetterday," a cool looking wedgie heel with an ankle strap.   Have fun....   sf

aerog777497_5595_jb.jpg

Not to hijack, JeffBs thread, The Aerosoles sandal is called., "Light N Sweet" in white.

https://www.amazon.com/Aerosoles-Womens-Light-Sweet-Sandal/dp/B017BI0BUW/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1469157385&sr=1-1&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=Aerosoles+Light+N+Sweet+sandals

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Hey JeffB - With the Democratic National Convention in Philly this week, I keep looking at the crowds to see if I can spot you. :penitent:

I'll bet that convention has made a mess of Philly.

Edited by Thighbootguy

9 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Hey JeffB - With the Democratic National Convention in Philly this week, I keep looking at the crowds to see if I can spot you. :penitent:

I'll bet that convention has made a mess of Philly.

Other than protest marches around the center city area and vehicle restrictions in South Philly where the convention is being held, it's been okay, nowhere near the mess that came from the Papal Visit last September.

Jeff, you look totally natural in these pics. I actually cant see any difference in gender in terms of clothes. This is probably what wearing clothes centuries ago was like. For someone life me who really likes fashion, this is really something special. You're doing something the top designers are pushing in the major design houses. If I passed you on the street, I would have to look twice, because your boots are just so amazing. 

12 hours ago, maninpumps said:

I was really admiring the wedges on "Jaunt" 316 . Really look good .

Thanks much for the kind words!

Jaunt #324, 7/30/2016: Hard to believe it's been a day under three weeks since my last outing. Well, that's what happens when the seemingly endless heat wave we've suffered from made me too lazy and sluggish to want to do any jaunting. However, the weather today was not quite so miserably muggy, so, with a forecast of afternoon thunderstorms lurking, I headed out on an outing in a blue shirt with the lace front, my 17 inch gray skirt with the distressed hem, the Payless "Stacey" low heeled wedge sandals and a black handbag. Because of the warm temperatures, the short skirt was an absolute treat to wear as it kept me cool and comfortable, and it's plenty stylish too, meanwhile, my fondness for wearing flat (or, in today's case, nearly flat) sandals continues. I have to say I've had a lot of fun wearing these shoes, I haven't worn heels higher than an inch and a half (the height of the Stacey sandals) since early June, and, for the present, I'm perfectly content to continue wearing my sandals.

My first stop was center city and my friendly neighborhood comic book shop, not just for picking up the week's newest books, but to talk sports, mainly the Eagles with the staff, always a good time for me. Then it was off to Rittenhouse Square and Barnes & Noble where I spent a good twenty or so minutes before leaving with the newest issue of Sports Illustrated before retreating to the park read my magazine, as usual for a late Saturday morning in the middle of summer, the place was pack, but, as usual, no one paid me a moment's attention, a half hour later, I went to McDonald's for lunch, got a couple of glances there, but it was no big deal. My last stop of the day was up the road to Radio Shack where I bought a new pair of headphones to use with my computer so I don't disturb the neighbors when I'm listening to Internet radio at four in the morning. While my outing was short as I was leery about being caught in a storm, it was still enjoyable, the fun of being able to come and go as I pleased, dressed the way I please is extremely liberating.

Jaunt #324-outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #324-outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

Great look JeffB, as you said quite casual and comfy and well thought out with the blue bracelet and necklace.  The ladies watch is always a nice touch.  You really should visit Zenni Optical and get a pair of more feminine frames for your glasses.

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

While my outing was short as I was leery about being caught in a storm

Certanly a consideration... we wouldn't wanting out JeffB to melt. :penitent:

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

the fun of being able to come and go as I pleased, dressed the way I please is extremely liberating.

Ain't it though.  I went to hear a friend of mine play at a restaurant last night, where I had dinner and stayed for two hours.  It was a casual affair and I wore a black knit top, denim leggings and black suede OTK boots with 4" stilettos.  My friend knows I wear boots but not skirts and dresses and that limited what I wore.  Not only did I have the best looking heels in the restaurant, they were the only pair of heels.   Nobody even batted an eye and it was liberating. :angel:

• Like 2

Lovely skirt, Jeff! Great ensemble as always! My frayed skirt snd 5 series will not further hijack your thread :nono::silly: I was paying a visit to my friend and felt a little self conscious of my skirt as the slit at the back was quite revealing and I was wearing stockings not tights, and felt a little exposed...  Looking forward to your next jaunt :) 

Edited by heelsrus2000
  • Like 1