The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

3 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

No jaunts this weekend? :nono: 

Nahhhhh! The weather was too crappy this weekend. Perhaps this coming weekend.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On ‎2016‎/‎04‎/‎18 at 10:30 AM, JeffB said:

Jaunt #308, 4/17/2016:

Jaunt #308, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #308, outfit-2.jpg

Once again JeffB you're making waves in all the right places. I did a double take when I saw the above outfit, if I'd seen you walking down the street I'd quite possibly have walked into a lamp post. It's well put together, but too much for what I'd be comfortable wearing in public. At home maybe. But if you feel comfortable in it & wear it with a confident step & swagger, then go for it. Maybe us more conservative people need a bit of a jolt every now & then to move us out of our comfort zones.

On ‎2016‎/‎04‎/‎24 at 11:29 AM, JeffB said:

Jaunt #309, 4/23/2016:

Jaunt #309, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #309, outfit-2.jpg

This is a great outfit, love the handbag, more my taste. I would've managed to avoid the lamp post if I saw you in this.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CPB said:

Once again JeffB you're making waves in all the right places. I did a double take when I saw the above outfit, if I'd seen you walking down the street I'd quite possibly have walked into a lamp post. It's well put together, but too much for what I'd be comfortable wearing in public. At home maybe. But if you feel comfortable in it & wear it with a confident step & swagger, then go for it. Maybe us more conservative people need a bit of a jolt every now & then to move us out of our comfort zones.

This is a great outfit, love the handbag, more my taste. I would've managed to avoid the lamp post if I saw you in this.

The second outfit looks more youthful and is smart, yet doesnt draw unnecessary attention as the first would. The skirt is a decent length, goes well with his complexion and highlights those fabulous legs. I'd walk into a lamp post to avoid the first outfit :silly:

CBG: Thanks for the kind words. I simply do as best I can and let the chips fall where they may. I can't recommend others where what I do as I enjoy pushing the envelope every now and then regarding what I wear which is great fun for me. Meanwhile, you and heelsrus need to be careful of those lamp posts! Heh!

• Like 1

Jaunt #310, 5/8/2016: After what seemed like months of clouds, rain and chilly temps, the sun returned in all it's glory on Sunday, Mother's Day no less, a perfect opportunity for an outing, with a stiff little breeze blowing, I donned my new Gloria Vanderbilt black denim jacket over a pink t-shirt, my favorite denim skirt which I've had since 2008 and still fits like a glove, the Payless "O'Malley" slides in multi (basically blue and pink) and a black handbag. And yes, as is often the case, those were the first shoes I reached for when assembling this outfit, as for the pink shirt, since Mother's Day is synonomous with breast cancer research, I thought it was a logical choice. I headed west into Springfield where my first stop was Home Depot to buy some gardening tools to deal with the unruly weeds in my small front yard, the place was crowded and busy at around 11 a.m., but no one gave me so much as a glance as I went about my business, paid for my purchase and left after some twenty minutes.

Next up was a visit to my home away from home, Best Buy. Like Home Depot, there was a good crowd in the store when I entered, thanks to the four inch heels on the O'Malley slides (though they don't feel that high), I stood over most of the shoppers. After little over half and hour of gadget gazing, I went to the register with season one of True Blood on Blu-Ray, discounted to $21.99, and since I wanted to see what the big deal was about this show, it made for a bargain. With my tummy rumbling, I headed down to Arby's for lunch where I had their classic Beef & Cheddar sammich with a bottle of water. Yummy! From there, I headed into center city to spend some quality time in Rittenhouse Park, as is always the case on a sunny and warm Sunday afternoon, the park was packed with people enjoying the weather and the surroundings, so, as usual, I went ignored as I claimed a bench in a shady spot and just took in the scenery and the energy and festiveness of the park for nearly an hour before returning home.

The best part of what I do is being able to blend in with my surroundings and being treated just like everyone else enjoying a day in the sunshine, regardless of how I'm dressed. Because I seek to blend in as best I can instead of sticking out like a sore thumb, I'm pretty much accepted by the public for my presentation, and that's the ultimate goal of my outings. I see myself as living proof that a man can wear women's clothing and shoes in public as a man without looking comical or freakish. And that gives me a good feeling inside. More to come....

Jaunt #310, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #310, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

A great combination as always! Loving the top, skirt and slides. The bright pink is nice, I think more people are used to men wearing pink (I have quite a few pink shirts), though that shade is really outstanding.  The fact there were no reactions show what a great outfit it was :cheeky:

Edited by heelsrus2000
spelling
  • Like 1

Thanks for the kind words. As I've said more times than I can count, I work hard to put together outfits that look tasteful and can be worn anywhere in just about any environment. And it's great fun to spend time in my bedroom putting together outfits before deciding on what to wear on an outing. And yeah, it was fun to wear pink yesterday.

Hi JeffB,

I really like your ensemble, that you wore out yesterday, Sunday. That pink top, really puts a pop in your ensemble! I did the same tonight, when I went out to do a couple of errands. I wore black leggings, with pink ankle zippers, a long pink polo shirt and my Aerosoles, "Tapestry", pink patent pumps with 3-1/2' stacked heels. I carried my Vera Bradley, floral colored, cross body bag. Still bit cold here to be out in sandals, after the sun goes down. I had a nice time out in my heels and even got a couple of compliments, too.

Keep up the good work!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

bluejay: Thanks for the kind words. Wearing a pink top was fun, and I've done that more than once. But pink shoes? Now that would make for quite a challenge! I might have to take that under consideration!

Jaunt #311, 5/14/2016: After several days of clouds, chilly temps and rain and/or showers, Mother Nature gave me a bit of a break on Saturday with morning sunshine and temps in the low 70's before afternoon thunderstorms rolled in, but it was long enough to enjoy a relatively brief outing, garbed in my brown shirt with the lacey neckline, the 20 inch Old Navy khaki skirt, the Payless "O'Malley" slides in natural (kind of a beige) and a matching handbag. Just a causal sort of outfit for a Saturday, one of the benefits of wearing a light skirt on a hot day was that I felt cool and comfortable in ways that wasn't possible in jeans or even shorts, and, as usual, I was perfectly at home in what I wore, including the slides which I can't resist wearing.

Driving into center city, I parked a couple of blocks from Rittenhouse Square Park and walked to the Barnes & Noble store, "enduring" the usual total lack of attention from passersby, spending a good thirty minutes in the store, then walked two plus blocks down a crowded Walnut Street to the Apple Store where I bought a case for a new iPad I bought a couple of months ago. From there, I was off to lunch at the food court in a skyscraper a block away, enjoying a tuna salad with a bottle of water from Bain's Deli. I must say it felt good to mingle with the masses and not attract anything in the way of curious or amused stares, regardless of how I was dressed, of course, I felt that was attributed to being tastefully dressed for the surroundings, always an important consideration for me, and something I can't stress enough to everyone who reads my accounts and thinks about public fashion freestyling. Looking trashy or outlandish is the best way to gain the sort of attention I would find unwanted.

Hopefully, the weather will stabilize and things will stay sunny and warm in the months to come so I can enjoy wearing my shorter skirts and show off my legs. Heh! More to come....

Jaunt #311, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #311, outfit-2.jpg

JeffB,  that is a great coordinated look!  The neck ware, and watch really completes the image.  (I didn't say this but, even the slides look good).  May I suggest that if you have your glasses prescription, you look at something like zennioptical.com for a pair of inexpensive feminine frames.

Glasses

Again...great look!

Hey JeffB it looks like @tina is about 20 miles up I-95 from you.

Edited by Thighbootguy
Postscript

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

3 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

JeffB,  that is a great coordinated look!  The neck ware, and watch really completes the image.  (I didn't say this but, even the slides look good).  May I suggest that if you have your glasses prescription, you look at something like zennioptical.com for a pair of inexpensive feminine frames.

Glasses

Again...great look!

Hey JeffB it looks like @tina is about 20 miles up I-95 from you.

i',ve noticed that hun :)  

Like Walt Disney said, it's a small world after all!

Jaunt #312, 5/15/2016: Thanks to a cold front that blew through early Saturday evening with a thunderstorm or two, temps on Sunday struggled to reach 60 while stiff breezes made things feel a good ten degrees cooler. Still, that didn't stop me from going out on a short trip to run an errand, heading out in my black faux leather jacket over a red t-shirt, a denim button down skirt, the Pleaser "Vanity" four inch heeled knee boots and a black handbag. There was indeed a solid chill in the air, but I felt comfortable, so it was no big deal, since that was the first time I've worn my button down skirt with the Pleaser boots, I thought it made for a nice combination. As it was close to noon, my first stop was Subway in Springfield for lunch, there were no other customers in the store at the time as I ate, from there, I headed out to a computer store in the western suburbs to buy a software program I needed to wipe the hard drive of an old computer I plan on donating instead of putting on the street to be trashed.

It was around one p.m. when I arrived at the store, there was a decent crowd inside, but no one paid me any mind, save for the occasional salesperson who asked if I needed help (I didn't). It took only a few minutes to find the software I sought, but I still enjoyed browsing the store gazing at all the computer based toys, just like I would at my home away from home, Best Buy. Twenty minutes later, I was off, speaking of Best Buy, yeah, I couldn't resist the pull of the place, so I swung by the Springfield location for a half hour worth of happy ogling at gadgets and things before heading to the register with a Blu-Ray copy of Deadpool. From there, it was back to the barn to watch the Phillies followed by game seven of the Toronto-Miami NBA playoff series. It's interesting to note that while I try to stay out as long as I can because my outings sometimes tend to be far and few inbetween, I find shorter outings to be just as enjoyable. But hey, any chance I can get to go out and about in a skirt and heels is welcome. More to come....

Jaunt #312, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #312, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

JeffB,

Nice look on a chilly day. It was so cold here that snow was falling Sunday morning, about 9 AM, with temps in the high 30's. No accumulation, but just the same, Spring is having a tough time. On Saturday, night I had to abandon my plans to wear a royal blue, short skirt, with floral colored pumps. Instead, I wore royal blue,  women's slacks, with the pumps. I even added my white leather, cropped jacket, to keep warm, on my outing. Oh well, hopefully Spring, will get here to stay, one of these days!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

On 5/16/2016 at 9:25 AM, Thighbootguy said:

Great outfit JeffB.  All works well together.  How about some subtle neck wear?

I was a mile away from the house when it occurred to me I had forgotten jewelry. URGH! I plan to buy more soon.

On 5/16/2016 at 3:16 PM, heelsrus2000 said:

Great combination as always :cheeky: I didn't know Deadpool was out already... I guess we lag behind a little this side of the Pond. The skirt goes well with the boots. Looks great ☆☆☆

Thanks for the kind words. I work hard to look my best when out in public.

On 5/17/2016 at 2:37 AM, bluejay said:

JeffB,

Nice look on a chilly day. It was so cold here that snow was falling Sunday morning, about 9 AM, with temps in the high 30's. No accumulation, but just the same, Spring is having a tough time. On Saturday, night I had to abandon my plans to wear a royal blue, short skirt, with floral colored pumps. Instead, I wore royal blue,  women's slacks, with the pumps. I even added my white leather, cropped jacket, to keep warm, on my outing. Oh well, hopefully Spring, will get here to stay, one of these days!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Spring? What's that? May has been wet and gloomy and chilly most of the time, most annoying. I hope June won't be like this.

• Like 1

Jaunt #313, 5/22/2016: Unlike most outings, this was mainly a spur of the moment trip as I had a crazy desire to put on a skirt and a pair of heels and go out, nothing more, nothing less, and out I went in my denim jacket over a black tank top, a dressy printed skirt that fell below my knees that came from Sears, the Payless "Karmen" pumps in black matte and a matching handbag. The outfit was highlighted by the skirt which was light, airy and easy to wear, a step above casual, thus my having worn pumps instead of say, the O'Malley slides, and it allowed me to dress up just a bit, and there's nothing wrong with dressing up on a Sunday. With no particular place to go, I drove downtown, parked some two blocks away from Rittenhouse Square and strolled to one of my usual spots, Barnes & Noble, on the second floor was the cafe where I bought a sandwich and a bottle of water and sat down for well over an hour as I ate and composed a new thread for the forum about women's clothes on my iPad. The whole time, no one paid me any mind as I sat at the table and typed away, time well spent to say the very least, and most enjoyable to boot.

After that hour had passed and I typed the bulk of my little treatise, I packed up and left the cafe, down on the main floor, I poked around the magazine section when a plump black woman in her mid to late twenties looked me up and down then said to me that my skirt was pretty. When she asked where I bought it, I told her it came from the Sears store in Moorestown Mall, I added that I bought it a year ago and didn't know if it was still on sale. The woman looked a bit disappointed but said she'd go there one day and look, before walking off, she smiled and said I looked cute, I smiled back and thanked her. How about that, here I was, a 57 year old man with graying hair called cute by someone, needless to say that came as quite a surprise, but a pleasant surprise. One more example of how all the hard work I put into assembling a stylish, tasteful and proper image of a man in women's clothing produced a positive result, a goal I long sought for myself as a fashion freestyler. As I'm forever fond of saying, I guess I'm doing something right, and having fun wearing the clothes and shoes that I love at the same time. More to come....

Jaunt #313, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #313, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

JeffB;

The outfit looks great.  I think the denim jacket is a little too casual for the overall look and that the black leather one would have worked a little better.  Stylish, fashionable, tasteful... all seem appropriate but I don't think I'll go as far as "cute"; but its nice to a complement.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I would agree with TBG that it is not exactly "cute" unless the lady in question was being facetious :silly: I think a nice ladies mac (raincoat), one of those lightweight ones would have completed the outfit for a more demure look. The denim is very casual, although double denim  (the jacket and similar denim skirt) would look good together. The skirt is very formal, IMHO. Though a similar printed pencil skirt would go with the denim top :cheeky:

10 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

JeffB;

The outfit looks great.  I think the denim jacket is a little too casual for the overall look and that the black leather one would have worked a little better.  Stylish, fashionable, tasteful... all seem appropriate but I don't think I'll go as far as "cute"; but its nice to a complement.

Regarding my decision to wear the denim jacket, it was too cool to go with just shirt sleeves, but too warm for the leather jacket. As with everything, it was all about experimentation to find something I thought that would work. For a situation like that, perhaps a blazer would work better. I'll see about obtaining one. As for being called cute, that did kinda take me by surprise, but hey, a compliment is a compliment.

5 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

I would agree with TBG that it is not exactly "cute" unless the lady in question was being facetious :silly: I think a nice ladies mac (raincoat), one of those lightweight ones would have completed the outfit for a more demure look. The denim is very casual, although double denim  (the jacket and similar denim skirt) would look good together. The skirt is very formal, IMHO. Though a similar printed pencil skirt would go with the denim top :cheeky:

No, the lady in question was being genuine, I could tell. Meanwhile, wearing a printed skirt was fun, I'll have to do that again in the future.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Regarding my decision to wear the denim jacket, it was too cool to go with just shirt sleeves, but too warm for the leather jacket.

Hey, remember the sacrifices we have to make for fashion. :penitent:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Hey, remember the sacrifices we have to make for fashion. :penitent:

HA! I'll take that under advisement!  :-P

You are awesome JeffB!!!!  It is great to see that you dress the way you like.  I do believe that dressing like that must have lifted a weight of your shoulders, I know it would to me.  

Keep posting these pictures and experiences, they make me feel that it is possible to wear whatever one wants to wear.  

• Like 1

Thighmax: Thanks for the kind words. I'm just doing the very best I can. I'm glad folks like you appreciate my efforts.

Jaunt #314, 5/28/2016: A couple of weeks ago, temps here struggled to crack 60 over the weekend, yesterday, we saw a high of almost 90. NINETY! In late May. That's the problem with living in my neck of the woods, spring lasts about a week before we go directly into the microwave. Anyhoo, the heat didn't stop me from going out for the day on a jaunt, attired in a turquoise blue top with lace style sleeves, my Old Navy 20 inch khaki skirt, my new Payless "Sinclair" platform wedge sandals in navy and a black handbag. The top, which I bought from Sears was so cute, I bought it in three other colors, black, red and sea green, as for the shoes, they were also cute, fit well and were comfortable. At this time of year when the weather is warm, sandals are really fun shoes to wear, and my passion for platform wedges made those shoes a treat.

My first stop of the day was to the main branch of the city's Post Office to buy a money order, there was a bit of a long line as there were half a dozen people ahead of me, I did get some long looks from a couple of Latino kids waiting with their parents nearby to have passport pictures taken. Those kids were both wide-eyed and puzzled at my appearance, when I grinned at them, they turned away. Oh, well, them's the breaks. After buying my money order, I left for downtown and my friendly neighborhood comic book shop where I spent some twenty minutes, then headed down to Rittenhouse Square Park, even though temps were already in the 80's, I felt perfectly cool and comfortable in my short skirt, the airy feeling was most delightful, something I wouldn't have experienced in long jeans or even shorts, again, it makes me wonder why more guys don't wear skirts to keep cool on exceedingly hot days. The comfort that comes from wearing them is real and considerable. As usual for a sunny late Saturday morning, the park was bursting at the seems with people, none of whom paid me any attention as I casually strolled about until I found a bench and sat down with a paper to read and just enjoy the surroundings for nearly an hour. Being in the park is great fun for me as I get to people watch and be watched.

Returning to my car, it was off to South Jersey and the Moorestown Mall area where I had lunch at Wendy's where I was ogled at by several young teens in baseball uniforms, while I did get a couple of giggles, that was pretty much it. After that, it was off to the nearby multiplex to see Captain America: Civil War, had to stand in line for nearly ten minutes, earning me a few stares, but nothing came from that, after buying my ticket, it was off to the men's room to take care of business where I got a long look from an older gentleman who looked somewhat irked, but didn't say anything. As for the film, WOW! It was great! I recommend it highly! Casually walking through the main lobby after the film, I got some more looks but ignored them as I headed back to my car to return home. I think this outing represented the most looks I've gotten on an outing in awhile, but it was no big deal, still, it would've been cool to have interacted with anyone who wanted to engage me in conversation about my attire, but that didn't happen. Speaking of cool, short skirts are definitely a must on hot days in order to be comfortable, and I plan to wear mine more in the future. More to come....

Jaunt #314, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #314, outfit-2.jpg

What a fantastic ensemble!  The turquoise really suits you ♡ people were probably staring as they were so jealous :silly:  nice skirt as well and I have to invest in some slides like that, but I fear not tanning my feet properly and having strap lines of lighter skin crisscrossing my feet :cheeky: 

I have to see Captain America when it's released over here in the UK. You always look so composed when you model your jaunt ensembles, I am surprised that you have never been tweeted or appeared on social media,  but I guess people must really accept fashion freestyling nowadays. A picture of you whilst actually out on your jaunt at the mall would look even better and encourage more to embrace heeling and fashion freedom!

Still, looking forward to your next jaunt :cool:

Edited by heelsrus2000

Nice look JeffB. Finally the summer heat hit here too. Spring disappeared in a few short days. A couple weeks ago we were looking at snow flurries. Record heat on Friday and Saturday, a little cooler today only about 88*, but still very hot for this time of the year.

With Memorial Day here, it was time to break out the white. I wore a 20" white skirt, Saturday night, with a royal blue polo shirt and my new Aerosoles , "Light N Sweet" white leather, wedge heel, slides. I carried my Vera Bradley, multi colored floral, cross body bag. I got a nice compliment from the woman sales associate, at the Land's End kiosk, in the Sears store, who has seen me wearing heels, many times.

Today, I wore a hot pink 20" skirt, with a white polo shirt and again the Aerosoles, white leather wedge heel slides. Today, I matched the shoes with a white leather, cross body bag.

Having recently returned from a vacation, my legs were nicely tanned and I did look good wearing my skirts. Any yes the comfort level on a hot sticky day, wearing a short skirt, is a great way to go, for us men. A skirt is so much more comfortable than shorts.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Memorial Day, here in the USA.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay