The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

9 hours ago, maninpumps said:

Sorry Jeff, Here in Kentucky we had 60 degrees and sunny with the trees starting to bloom . Being a little south of PA we tend to forget the northern weather is a little slower to warm up . 

No biggie. The weather in my neck of the woods can be plenty capricious at this time of year. Heck, I can remember seeing snow showers in the first week of April, so there's no telling what to expect. Case in point: Wednesday will see temps push 70, then back to the low 50's by the weekend. I know, kooky.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jaunt #305, 3/26/2016: I so look forward to Saturdays when I can go out on outings, and with plenty of sunshine and temps in the low 50's, I headed out in my faux black leather jacket over a magenta mockneck, a denim pencil skirt, the Payless "Lance Flex" black patent pumps and a black handbag. Oh, yeah, just for fun, I decided to wear pantyhose, no reason really, I just wanted to liven up what could be seen as a casually dressy outfit with hosiery while making my already great looking legs look even more sensational, especially in the skirt I had on. It had been quite a while since I last wore the Lance Flex pumps which I wore on my very first recorded outing in this thread back in October 2008, and while the shoes are showing their age, they continue to wear well, even after all these years.

My first stop of the day was to the main branch of the Philadelphia Post Office to buy a money order so I can send off the renewal form form my automobile license plate sticker, I stood in line for a good ten minutes before I got to the counter, bought my money order, filed it out then left. Then it was off to downtown and my friendly neighborhood comic book shop where I spent quality time discussing comic books, a certain comic book based movie that made it's debut on Friday, then headed to Rittenhouse Square to be seen in the park which was chock full of people enjoying the nice weather, as usual, no one gave me anything in the way of attention. It's most refreshing that the more I go out, the more people fail to raise an eyebrow at me, which I find exceedingly cool as folks find a guy in a skirt and heels less than attention grabbing. While I've long been of the opinion that people are simply too wrapped in their lives and affairs to give any notice to a man wearing women's clothes and shoes in public, it's nice that I can come and go how I please without incident.

From there, it was off to South Jersey and the multiplex across from the Cherry Hill Mall to watch that comic book based movie I mentioned earlier, that being Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice. As anticipated, the crowd in the lobby was massive, but I got few if any stares as I paid my fare and went to the theater to watch the film which I found to have been loud, dull, grim and more than a little unimpressive. Afterward, I drove over to the Cherry Hill Mall for a late lunch in it's food court, again, not much in the way of attention, even though the place had been crowded, if anyone had stared or did a double take, I hadn't noticed. Yesterday's nice weather brought to mind that it'll soon be time to swap out my sweaters and long heavy skirts for my spring and summer tops and lighter (and shorter) skirts for the warmer months that are on the way. And, yeah, I'm excited to dust off my slides and sandals too! More to come....

Jaunt #305, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #305, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 3

I am glad to see that being skirted is less of a worry than years ago, I like the outfit, but the playful part of me would have gone for a medium denier red tights, enough to see the colour of my legs, not thick opaque ones. A nice look and the skirt looks super cute as well ♡♡♡

I was thinking about seeing the new film, but I thanks for advice... I will wait for the DVD... :nono:

20 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Great look JeffB!  The hose really look good, you should wear it more often.  You really have to find a cropped jacket. :penitent:

Thanks for the kind words. I'll see about wearing hosiery more when situations call for it. As for that jacket, now that winter is out of season, I'll see what I can do about finding one on the cheap.

8 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

I am glad to see that being skirted is less of a worry than years ago, I like the outfit, but the playful part of me would have gone for a medium denier red tights, enough to see the colour of my legs, not thick opaque ones. A nice look and the skirt looks super cute as well ♡♡♡

I was thinking about seeing the new film, but I thanks for advice... I will wait for the DVD... :nono:

I wonder if it was a worry years ago? Don't know for sure. Glad that you liked the outfit.

@JeffB  I don't mean it was a worry for you but more like it doesn't bother Joe Public like years ago. It's a non event :wink: It should encourage the rest of us that fashion freedom is okay, just dress well and be confident :)

1 hour ago, heelsrus2000 said:

@JeffB  I don't mean it was a worry for you but more like it doesn't bother Joe Public like years ago. It's a non event :wink: It should encourage the rest of us that fashion freedom is okay, just dress well and be confident :)

Folks;

@heelsrus2000is right on the mark that fashion freedom is okay and about dressing well and being confident (especially the confident part). As for JeffB... he was wearing pumps to work long before it was something Joe Public accepted as a non event.  I think Joe Public is now willing to let JeffB be in his comfort zone and is now understanding that such zones exists.  But this understanding comes from someone demonstrating the existence of different comfort zones.  Well done @JeffB!

• Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

13 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Folks;

@heelsrus2000is right on the mark that fashion freedom is okay and about dressing well and being confident (especially the confident part). As for JeffB... he was wearing pumps to work long before it was something Joe Public accepted as a non event.  I think Joe Public is now willing to let JeffB be in his comfort zone and is now understanding that such zones exists.  But this understanding comes from someone demonstrating the existence of different comfort zones.  Well done @JeffB!

Well, I simply do as best I can, and a lot of that comes from understanding where I can go to find those comfort zones and not pushing my luck further than I can, or should. Meanwhile, I was thinking about breaking out my spring and summer tops and lighter skirts today, what with April literally right around the corner, then I heard that temps for the weekend will struggle to reach 50 and will be chilly. Guess I'll leave the winter stuff out for just a little while longer.

• Like 2

Both of you have added much to the confidence and courage for many of us to just go and try getting outside of one's comfort zone. I thank both of you for sharing and encouraging the rest of us to just do it. What really helps is seeing how you put heels together with outfits to show "Dressed well in heeled shoes and boots". Keep going Jeff!

Thanks for being you!

• Like 1

Great looking outfits, the hosiery adds an extra touch of class to a well presented outfit :clap:. You're an inspiration, even if I can't walk around in public in skirts & heels.

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 9:49 AM, JeffB said:

Well, I simply do as best I can, and a lot of that comes from understanding where I can go to find those comfort zones and not pushing my luck further than I can, or should. Meanwhile, I was thinking about breaking out my spring and summer tops and lighter skirts today, what with April literally right around the corner, then I heard that temps for the weekend will struggle to reach 50 and will be chilly. Guess I'll leave the winter stuff out for just a little while longer.

Just wear the summer skirts but with thicker tights :cheeky:

On 3/30/2016 at 2:56 PM, mtnsofheels said:

Both of you have added much to the confidence and courage for many of us to just go and try getting outside of one's comfort zone. I thank both of you for sharing and encouraging the rest of us to just do it. What really helps is seeing how you put heels together with outfits to show "Dressed well in heeled shoes and boots". Keep going Jeff!

Thanks for being you!

Thanks for the kind words.

23 hours ago, CPB said:

Great looking outfits, the hosiery adds an extra touch of class to a well presented outfit :clap:. You're an inspiration, even if I can't walk around in public in skirts & heels.

Well, not everyone can do what I do, nor would I recommend it. I'm just kooky enough to make what I do work okay.

21 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

Just wear the summer skirts but with thicker tights :cheeky:

I'll keep that in mind.

Jaunt #306, 4/10/2016: After the region saw snow fall on Saturday (no coverage, just wet streets), Sunday was sunny and dry but chilly as temps were only in the mid 40's, still, conditions were good enough for an outing as I headed out in my black leather jacket over a gray turtleneck, a long black knit A-line skirt, the Pleaser 4 inch "Vanity" knee boots and a black handbag. Considering the roller coaster the weather's been on the last week or so, I have no way of knowing if that might represent the last time I wear a winter skirt and boots as I usually break out my spring and summer attire around this time, but this season has been kooky to say the least.

I headed downtown, my first stop being the main branch of the Post Office to buy a money order, the air was crisp and chilly, but I felt quite comfortable in my outfit, I stood in line for some ten minutes before I got to the counter, there had been a glance here and there, no big deal. From there, I went into center city, parked a couple of blocks from Rittenhouse Square and enjoyed a good walk to the Barnes & Noble store where I spent a good twenty minutes or so before going to the register with the newest Sports Illustrated, a twentysomething girl with multi-colored hair stood in line ahead of me smiled and said I looked nice, so I smiled back and thanked her. Nothing like that sudden compliment out of the blue! Leaving the store, I headed down the street for a few blocks, then over to One Liberty Place and the food court for lunch. The streets were fairly crowded, despite the chilly conditions, but no one paid me any mind while in my attire, once again, dress appropriately for your surroundings and people will accept you for your presentation. After a long, leisurely lunch where I made sure I was seen, I returned to my car and headed back home to watch my Phillies in action against the hated rival New York Mets.

Again, whether or not that represented the last time I wear winter attire is anybody's guess, given the unpredictable nature of the weather over the last couple of weeks, but we'll see what happens in the weeks ahead. More to come....

Jaunt #306, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #306, outfit-2.jpg

JeffB, 

Nice look. I totally agree with you about this cold  and snowy April. Here, we've had more snow in April, than December and March combined. The temps have been in the 30's and low 40's, for the last two weeks. Nearly 20 degrees below normal. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. We may see mid 60's here, next weekend. Bring out the sandals! Maybe we can put the boots away for the season.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

With spring apparently having finally established itself, I went ahead and swapped out my heavy fall and winter skirts for my light and airy spring and summer skirts. I'm hoping also to spend quality time in my denim minis as well since short skirts are tailor made for the sort of hot and steamy summer weather that's on the way. Another goal for the upcoming season will be to wear more feminine looking tops like my tanks which I've come to enjoy wearing. And yes, I'm most eager wear my slides and sandals to boot. I want people who see me to see beyond any shadow of doubt that I'm wearing women's clothes from head to toe, a true expression of fashion freestyling.

I just checked the weather.com for the ten day forecast for Philly and it looks like you're good to go for at least ten days... the be ready for the hurricanes and tornadoes.:penitent:

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

will be to wear more feminine looking tops like my tanks which I've come to enjoy wearing

Those can be a challenge for a guy to do well.  Make sure you do the full length mirror test before venturing out.

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

I want people who see me to see beyond any shadow of doubt that I'm wearing women's clothes from head to toe, a true expression of fashion freestyling.

Just go out and be yourself... people will see what they want and form their own opinions.  An "expression" is something you can make, but as far a "seeing beyond a shadow of a doubt" that is up to the beholder where you will get reactions from, "Huh what I didn't notice" to "Hey Marge, lookey there at that one". (double) :penitent:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hey there, TBG! I'll be sure to follow your advice. I sure do enjoy a challenge!

Jaunt #307, 4/16/2016: Well, it looks like spring has finally settled in after a couple of false starts here and there, and that also means that the season of slides and sandals is also underway, and I've kicked things off with a new pair of shoes bought from Payless, the "Wonder Crossband" platform wedge sandal which I found intriguing from the moment I saw them on the Payless website, so much so, I bought two pairs (BOGO sale), one in black as you can see below and another in white. I found the sandals comfortable to wear and easy to walk in with a wedge heel clocking in at just about four and a half inches. Paired with a black t-shirt, a button down denim skirt and a black handbag, the shoes were the perfect addition to the outfit. And yeah, it felt damn good to be back in sandals, something I never imagined myself saying several years ago.

Driving downtown, I parked a block away from my friendly neighborhood comic shop, I did get an odd look from a homeless man I passed on the way to the shop, but that was pretty much it. After some twenty minutes in the shop, it was back in the car and over the bridge into South Jersey where I had lunch at Chick-Fil-A at Moorestown for the first time in awhile, even though there were plenty of kids in the store, but no one paid me any mind as I enjoyed a chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of water, my next stop was to the nearby Best Buy where I investigated some laptops as I need to replace my aging machine, but I'm not in a hurry to buy a new one, after examining close to a dozen machines, taking notes here and there, I left the store with the Blu-Ray version of Ant-Man. My last stop of the day (had to get back home to watch my Flyers who are in the playoffs) was to Sears where I bought a couple of casual skirts, a couple of belts and a black denim Gloria Vanderbilt jacket that was on sale.

While my outing was brief, it was enjoyable, especially in the new sandals I wore, and I'm already imagining a wealth of outfits I can wear the new shoes with, and I can't wait to wear them again. More to come....

Jaunt #307, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #307, outfit-2.jpg

Wonder-1.jpg

• Like 1

TBG: Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Jaunt #308, 4/17/2016: With another day of sunny and warm weather on tap, I decided to head out for a little adventure, pushing the envelope just a little in a cute, knee length print skirt which I paired with a black tank top, the Payless "O'Malley" platform wedge slides in black and a black handbag. As much as I enjoy wearing solid color skirts, printed ones lend an air of, well, excitement, and wearing the O'Malley slides for the first time this season was a definite plus, and yes, they were the first shoes I reached for when putting together the outfit because they're such fun to wear at this time of the year.

Heading west into Springfield, I stopped at Acme to buy a few odds and ends, then headed down the road to a branch of TD Bank which is open on Sunday to cash in some coins to the tune of around $65.00 worth, not too bad. From there, I swung by my home away from home, that being Best Buy where I spent some twenty minutes before leaving with the second season of Game of Thrones on Blu-Ray for $19.99. Gotta love taking advantage of a deal! WHOO! After lunch at Arby's, I headed into center city and another favorite place to hang out, that being Rittenhouse Square park which was absolutely packed with people enjoying the sunny and warm weather, finding a bench, I sat down and chilled out, taking in the atmosphere, I got a compliment from a woman my age who said she liked my skirt and that it looked nice on me. I grinned and thanked her. Some fifteen or so minutes or so later, a twentysomething girl who walked past called out, "Cool shoes, dude!" I thanked her too. Two compliments in one outing, not bad, not bad at all!

This is why I love wearing skirts and heels. Beyond the fact I feel so incredibly at home wearing such items, I go all out to present an air of normalcy in the clothes I wear, silently saying to the world, yeah, this is who I am, and I love the image I present. And that's what being a fashion freestyler is all about. More to come....

Jaunt #308, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #308, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Again well done!  The necklace makes the tank top work.

Thanks for the kind words. I plan to buy more jewelry as I've come to enjoy wearing it with my outfits.

Jaunt #309, 4/23/2016: Just a short, but enjoyable outing as I headed to the dealership for an oil change, decked out in my denim jacket (it was a tad brisk at 8 a.m.) over a brown t-shirt, a 23 inch khaki pencil skirt I bought from Sears last week, the Payless "O'Malley" slides in brown and a chocolate brown handbag. Once upon a time, I wasn't a fan of wearing brown, tan or khaki, but then, I didn't like wearing slides or sandals either, now I'm hooked on both, heck, I have nearly half a dozen tan/khaki skirts! HA! I arrived at the dealership close to nine for my appointment, checked in and retreated to the lounge area to wait on my car, there were something like ten people in the lounge, including a couple of young kids, a boy and girl, no older than, I'd say, seven or eight, the boy in particular was openly puzzled and a little wide eyed at seeing me while the girl couldn't have cared less. Since that's the sort of reaction I often get from young kids, it was no big deal while all the adults never gave me so much as a second glance.

My stay at the dealership lasted around ninety minutes, give or take and I was out of there, passing that same little boy who followed me with his eyes as I left the building, something I found mildly humorous. From there, I headed into town, parked near the Amtrak 30th Street Station, went in the building and to the food court where I had lunch at Subway, of course, my appearance raised no eyebrows or anything like that, I even wandered through the huge, sprawling concourse where passengers wait for trains and attracted no attention, par for the course, more or less, then I left, got back in the car and returned home to watch some baseball, followed by NBA playoff action. Ahh, sports! Gotta love 'em! Heh! While it had been chilly, even a tad damp from early morning showers, it was still an enjoyable little outing, heck, I find enjoyment in all my adventures garbed in women's clothes, it's more fun than I can describe. More to come....

Jaunt #309, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #309, outfit-2.jpg

JeffB,

Nice looking ensembles. Love those O'Malley slides.

Only a couple of warm days here to wear sandals. Hopefully warmer days are coming!

Happy Heeling,                                                                                                                                                                                                              

bluejay

Edited by bluejay

On 4/24/2016 at 9:29 AM, Mr. X said:

You are describing me to a "T"  I don't need to be out for hours on end to have fun!

Well, since my outings tend to be infrequent, I try to get as much out of every trip as I can.

On 4/24/2016 at 4:37 PM, heelsrus2000 said:

Loving the new skirt,  JeffB!   Looking forward to your next jaunt :) 

Thanks for the kind words. I have one just like that in olive that I'll trot out soon.

3 hours ago, bluejay said:

JeffB,

Nice looking ensembles. Love those O'Malley slides.

Only a couple of warm days here to wear sandals. Hopefully warmer days are coming!

Happy Heeling,                                                                                                                                                                                                              

bluejay

Thanks for the compliment. I like the O'Malley's too! The weather here has been hit or miss, 80 one day, 60 the next, that makes planning outfits harder than it needs to be.