The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Dawn HH: Thanks for your kind words. I do as best I can. As I've said many times before, I try to present a total image where everything I wear blends into a seemless outfit that I think helps me to blend in with my surroundings while looking as good as possible. For someone, anyone to say that I, as a red-blooded male, looks good in a skirt tells me I've made tremendous progress in that area. danielp6406: As much as I plan my outings well in advance, especially in regard to what to wear and where I decide to go, I always forget to bring my camera with me. Most annoying. I have to work on that. HappyFeat: I had been eager to go on another outing in a skirt and was glad to have had the opportunity to do so yesterday. Despite how proud I am of my legs, I've come to enjoy wearing long skirts like the one I sported yesterday, and yeah, given the chilly, weather, it darn sure kept me warm too! Heh! To be honest, I was mildly surprised at my air of casualness, I just went about my business, going here and there, enjoying my day in public, it had been so much fun for me because it felt good to wear a skirt. If there is indeed any such thing as a "Skirt Guy", then yeah, that's me, and I'm proud of that handle! Bootking: I've always done wild gesturing and gyrations while bowling, be it the real thing or a simulation, and I was so involved with that game yesterday, I lost track with the rest of the world. I'm sure other shoppers probably found me hilarious, but I didn't care. Again, it was all about having fun----except when I missed out on easy spares. Urgh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jeff,

How were you on your 10-pins? LOL

Nicely done...

HA! Funny! Got a good laugh out of that!

1/12/2009:

You can call this outing a case of curiosity chilling a cat. I guess you could file this away under the category of "temporary insanity", but on a day when the temperature barely reached into the mid 30's, I found myself extremely curious to see, or rather, feel what it was like to wear a short skirt on a cold day. Yes, this was my fifth straight outing in a skirt, and yes, again, it never occured to me to wear anything but. Below is my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My black leather jacket, dark navy turtleneck, a 22 inch denim skirt, black L'eggs tights and my now familiar Payless "Tara" boots which I've worn a lot lately. To some of our more observant members, the skirt I'm wearing will look familiar to you as it's the same one I wore back in late August when I went on my very first outing in a skirt which you can see me wearing here:

Posted Image

But I digress. Back to today's adventure, stepping outside, with the wind blowing, I felt the pervasive chill immediately, despite the tights and boots and I shivered a bit, my first thought being, "Fool! Have you lost your mind? It's effing cold out here!" However, I must admit the sensation of the cold against my legs was curiously exciting and that only served to push me forward instead of backward and I went about my outing. My first stop was to an ATM for some Borders/lunch money, a middle aged black woman who was in line ahead of me gave a tiny gasp and her eyes widened when she saw me behind her, but she said nothing and left.

Next stop was at Borders in the western 'burbs where a tall cup of hot tea in their in-house coffee shop was VERY much welcome after a one hundred foot walk to the store, but by that time, I had acclimated myself and was enjoying being out in the crisp, sunny weather. Now, unlike my last few outings, I did garner an odd look here, a frown here, I suppose the combination of a man in a short skirt and heels on a cold day was more of an attention getter, especially since practically every woman I had seen for miles while driving wore pants and sneakers. When I think back on that, they were the smart ones, forsaking fashion for warmth!

I spent a solid half-hour in the lounge with my tea while reading the paper. I suspect I got more little looks here and there, but I ignored them. Sadly, no one engaged me in conversation. I thought sure my outfit would've done the trick! Oh, well. After leaving Borders, it was off to another strip mall where I had lunch at Subway where I had a "Five! Five dollar! Five dollar foot long!" (Sorry, I love that silly jingle!), the person who waited on me took my order, no odd look or anything, professional all the way. Maybe he's had men in short skirts and heels come into the store before! HA! The dining area was empty and I took my time eating.

And so, there's my outing. In the cold. In a short skirt. Again, there was nothing else I wanted to wear today, despite the weather. And yes, I had a good time!

JeffB, Wow! That's a great outfit...I must confess I wasn't much of a fan of the long denim skirt as I felt it didn't have much shape about it, but that one is SO much better! Congratulations on your fabulous outing, and thanks for furthering the cause! Spiker.

"Fool! Have you lost your mind?

Just a good rhetorical question I ask myself a lot, no matter what I am wearing...

Wonderful outing Jeff! I am glad you decided to go with the shorter skirt, it really does suit you better- at least in my opinion. Since I have been toying for an outing in a skirt, the cold is just way too much for me, especially combined with the nerves of doing it the first time. You have more rocks than I do, though I fear you might have frozen them off!

Great look and attitude...you continue to inspire!

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I appreciate them. As much as I enjoy wearing the long skirt, the shorter one is fun to wear too, especially with the boots which I thought paired perfectly with the skirt. As for the weather, yeah, that might not have been one of my smarter decisions, but I just HAD to find out what that was like. Now that I have, methinks I'll wait for some warmer conditions before I wear that skirt out again! HA!

JeffB:-) Ch-ch-ch-ch-chilly outing. I thought I heard something hit the side-walk. TEE! HEE! Very nice outfit and you look good in it. If I were wearing that outfit, the weather would have to be just a wee bit more mild. But you did pull it all off, my friend. Cudos! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

billyb: Thanks for the birthday greetings! Stilettoscot: To tell you the truth, I didn't think I'd show MY legs on a day as cold as Monday was! HA! Dawn HH: Thanks for the kind words. Given how chilly it was, it was certainly an eyeopening experience! HA! Bootking: Well, I'm crazy enough to try almost anything once! And I'm glad I tried that! latindancer: Yes, wearing a skirt is tremendous fun, more fun than I could have possibly anticipated! Can't wait for my next outing!

• 3 weeks later...

2/1/2009:

After three some odd weeks of not being able to go on an outing, either because of snow, insanely cold weather or other activities vying for my time, I finally managed to hit the road for a little fun in what would be my sixth straight outing in a skirt, and, like before, it never occured to me to wear anything but. Here's my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My ever familiar black leather jacket over a blue turtleneck, my 22 inch denim skirt (the same one I wore back on my January 12th outing), L'eggs black tights and the also familiar Payless "Tara" boots which I really love wearing. At the risk of tooting my own horn, I thought I looked darn good. Well, as good as a guy can possibly look in a skirt. With a rare mild day weatherwise as the temps climbed into the high 40's, I figured this was a good day to wear that short skirt and show off my legs, safe and secure in the knowledge that there was no danger of freezing my tail off. HA!

My first stop in the western 'burbs was a familiar stop, Borders Bookstore, I arrived there around 11 a.m., however, it took a good ten minutes or so to muster up the courage to get out of the car after nearly month since my last outing. That sort of thing happens as courage with me isn't at all automatic, despite my years of heeling experience. I guess the added component that was the skirt resulted in the delay. Once out, I felt good, the sunshine, the comfortable temps, the sound of my heels clicking on the pavement as I approached the store, my confidence rose quickly.

Once inside, I did notice out of the corner of my eye a head or two twisting my way to stare as I headed for the magazine section, but I expected that sort of reaction, after all, it's not every day the ordinary John or Jane on the street sees a guy in a skirt and heels, so I paid them no mind. With three magazines in hand, I went to the in-store cafe for a tall cup of iced tea. While I waited for my order, one of the two twentysomething girls behind the counter grinned and, much to my surprise said, "For a guy, that skirt looks good on you." It took a second or so to respond then said, "Thanks a lot."

It's rather rare that I get a compliment on my attire, especially since I started wearing skirts, so those words made me feel great. I would spend a solid forty-five minutes, give or take in the lounge reading and sipping my drink, again, I spied someone every now and then glancing at me, but I was comfortable in my own skin, so I had no problem with the glances and such. People are going to look when it comes to something they perceive as beyond the norm, so I let them look. Being in the fishbowl is what comes with the territory when it comes to guys like us who enjoy our fashion freedom.

My next stop was Best Buy. Yes, Best Buy in a short skirt and heels. I've always sought to expand my horizons, to push the envelope ever so much with each successive outing, so going in Best Buy, crowded as always on early Sunday afternoon was simply another push. As I expected, I got considerably more looks and second glances from store staff and other shoppers, and that unnerved me slightly, making me wonder if going in the store was a sound decision, but I continued on, determined to enjoy my time spent in my favorite store, and, in the end, I did, despite the attention I garnered.

After nearly an hour spent in the store, which included watching people playing Guitar Hero and finding it cool, I went to the register with the Blu-Ray version of Thunderball (Bond flicks look awesome in hi-def!!) and went back home. All in all, it was an enjoyable outing spent in a skirt and heels, just being myself on a beautiful day. With six straight outings in something other than pants, I'm beginning to think that perhaps I've crossed a mental threshold and might be wearing skirts on my jaunts from now on because it's so much fun, and wearing them feels, well, natural to me.

Admittedly, I don't know for sure, and I wonder what's on the horizon for me in this growing endeavor. I'll let you know when I've arrived at an answer.

rxrenesis & Bootking: Thanks for the kind words. As for the compliment from the girl at the counter, I hadn't at all expected it, so that made her words feel all the better to me. Can't wait for my next outing!

At the risk of tooting my own horn, I thought I looked darn good.

Toot away my friend, I think it looks great, but I still think the taller boots look even better (unless your worried about hiding your cute knees ;-)).

Isn't it great how complements can make one's day.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Great to see you are braving the cold and getting out and about again. The winter is tough this year, but there is a warming trend on the way, so you and your skirts can enjoy more. Great complement from the sales girl!

Style is built from the ground up!

JeffB:-) Your outfit looks great and with that compliment from the sales girl, your in, my friend. Try the same outfit with taller boots and see what it looks like. BTW---I'm a Bond fiend myself. Cheers--- Dawn HH

TBG: Hey! How did you know that I don't like hiding my knees? HA! HappyFeat: Well, it wasn't that cold on Sunday. However, we just got another half foot of snow overnight, so it looks like I won't be going back out for awhile. Urgh! Dawn HH: Yes, getting unexpected compliments are always great for the ego. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to accept Daniel Craig as Bond.

TBG: we just got another half foot of snow overnight, so it looks like I won't be going back out for awhile. Urgh!

How do you get to work? Or, have you retired? ;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

TBG: Hey! How did you know that I don't like hiding my knees? HA!

HappyFeat: Well, it wasn't that cold on Sunday. However, we just got another half foot of snow overnight, so it looks like I won't be going back out for awhile. Urgh!

Dawn HH: Yes, getting unexpected compliments are always great for the ego. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to accept Daniel Craig as Bond.

It's tough to accept him as Bond. Bond would NEVER trash an Aston Martin like he did. Did you know he can't drive a stick shift?

rx

Bubba136: Retire? HA! I wish! Fortunately, I take the train to work. rxrenesis: Well, I can't drive a stick either, but that's neither here or there. Heh!

JeffB:-) I like the Bond format, but I'm just not sure about Daniel Craig as Bond. I think that there have been much better Bonds before him. Have you tried that outfit with taller boots yet? Cheers--- Dawn HH

JeffB:-)

Have you tried that outfit with taller boots yet?

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Not yet, but I might give them a try! Might be interesting! ;-)

Well, get on with it man! Time is wasting!!

LOL

YES, SIR!! Actually, I'd love to have a pair of boots like what you're wearing in your avatar, sadly Nine West doesn't go up to 13! Urgh! But, I suppose I'll muddle through as best I can.