The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

1 hour ago, SkirtDude said:

I'm getting concerned now... its been a week... :P 

I'm certain that any interruption in JeffB's schedule for jaunts has been caused by the brisk weather we have started having and furthered by the fact that he has misplaced his nice warm thigh boots.  I'm sure as soon as he finds them again he will be out and about with his usual aplomb. :penitent:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

2 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

I'm getting concerned now... its been a week... :P 

53 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

I'm certain that any interruption in JeffB's schedule for jaunts has been caused by the brisk weather we have started having and furthered by the fact that he has misplaced his nice warm thigh boots.  I'm sure as soon as he finds them again he will be out and about with his usual aplomb. :penitent:

Well, I haven't misplaced my thigh boots, it's just been wet and snowy here of late, and my mantra when it comes to weather related outings, "If the streets ain't dry, then my heels ain't high" holds true. Not to worry, that first jaunt of 2017 will be on the way.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

Well, I haven't misplaced my thigh boots, it's just been wet and snowy here of late, and my mantra when it comes to weather related outings, "If the streets ain't dry, then my heels ain't high" holds true. Not to worry, that first jaunt of 2017 will be on the way.

It has been just brutal the last few days. Yesterday (Saturday) was a slight improvement. Hopefully, warmer weather will drift over your way to the East in a day or two.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JeffB said:

Even a pencil skirt and flats will do! I'm getting withdrawal symptoms like crack :w00t2: just post something, please :silly: 

We had bad icy weather too, so better safe than sorry :cheeky: looking forward to your next jaunt, whenever that will be :P

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

Even a pencil skirt and flats will do! I'm getting withdrawal symptoms like crack :w00t2: just post something, please :silly: 

We had bad icy weather too, so better safe than sorry :cheeky: looking forward to your next jaunt, whenever that will be :P

Well, I'll see what I can do this coming weekend.

Jaunt #353, 1/15/2017: My, my! How time flies when you're having fun! Hard to believe it had been nearly three weeks since my last outing, but I've returned to the great outdoors with my first jaunt of 2017, garbed in my faux black leather jacket over a red mockneck, a 21 inch charcoal denim pencil skirt from JCPenney, black tights, the Payless "Martinez" booties and a black handbag. Wearing the booties has become quite the little passion of late because they look good on me, and the loud, authoritative clicking of their heels on the pavement is an endless thrill I can't get enough of hearing.

After a cloudy and nippy Saturday, the weather on Sunday was sunny and chilly, but that didn't stop me from going forth, in fact, I rather enjoyed the chill as it made me feel alive and my outing more worthwhile. My first stop was to Acme in Springfield to buy a few odds and ends, then it was off to downtown to wander about and be seen. It seemed chillier in center city, but it was no big deal as I strolled down to Barnes & Noble across from Rittenhouse Square Park where I wandered the aisles, then partook of a cup of hot tea and a croissant in the bookstore's second floor diner to warm up a bit before going down to the register with a couple of sports magazines. From there, I headed down the crowded street to One Liberty Place where I had lunch at Bain's Deli then goofed off on my iPhone, leaving the building, I happened across two black women in their late 20's who both looked me up and down, one them said, "You sure look good, baby!" I grinned and said, "I know" and they both broke out laughing and said I was cool. Ahh, compliments!

I wound up spending close to two hours downtown and it was an enjoyable experience, heck, I didn't even mind the chilly air, like I said, it made me feel great, just as much as mingling about downtown in the clothes of my choice. More to come....

Jaunt #353, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #353, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

Great look.  Well done JeffB and complements are always nice but especially from women in their late 20's (which puts complements from old farts in their 70's into perspective :penitent:).

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to worry, all is well, it's been kinda hectic, thanks to bad weather and life getting in the way. I hope to be back out and about soon.

Jaunt #354, 1/29/2017: Since I first started wearing skirts full time on my outings back in 2013, the notion of wearing a mini during the dead of winter was absolutely unheard of, it was knee lengthers or longer between December and February. The rationale was understandable since it was too cold to wear anything so short, especially in the northeast corridor where I live, however, I've come to accept that it's not only possible to wear miniskirts in winter, but it's quite fashionable to boot. Take yesterday for instance, even though temps barely tickled 40 and was appreciably chilly, that didn't stop me from going out in my black faux leather jacket over a magenta crewneck sweater, a 15 inch denim miniskirt, black knit leggings, the Payless "Martinez" booties in black and a new black satchel bag from Sears. Thanks to the leggings, I felt perfectly warm, despite the short skirt, and THAT is the key to wearing a mini in winter, keeping your legs warm, and that led to an enjoyable downtown outing.

It took a little while to find a parking space, but my first stop afterward was to my friendly neighborhood comic shop a block away where I spent a good twenty minutes discussing the Sixers and the Eagles before stuffing the books I bought in my large, roomy bag before heading down Walnut, thrilling to the loud clicking of my heels on the pavement and how good I looked in my outfit, drawing nary a stare of second glance for half a mile as I went to One Liberty Square where I enjoyed a late lunch (around 1:30 pm) in it's food court, then spent another fifteen minutes or so in the atrium downstairs checking email, legs crossed and skirt hiked for all to see and I didn't care, nor did anyone else care as they came and went without noticing me. I felt a strong sense of empowerment from wearing a miniskirt because I was bold enough to be out and about in the darn thing in the dead of winter, telling standard convention when it comes to fashion and what men should wear to take a long walk on a short pier. All in all, my two hours downtown on a chilly day in a short skirt was most enjoyable, and I look forward to doing that again soon. More to come....

Jaunt #354, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #354, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 3

Nice look JeffB. Too cold for me to wear regular tights, when the temp is in the 20's. I have several pairs of fleece lined, footed tights, that I can wear out on a cold day. They're very warm except when the wind blows at 40 MPH. I wear mine with knee boots, tunic length, fleece top, with a thigh length women's parka.  I don't like long skirts, as with the tunic length fleece top, no skirt is needed, so my legs are still on view and warm too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

TBG & SkirtDude: I'll see what I can do about breaking out the thigh boots. However, I can't deny the booties are irresistable to me of late and are fun to wear.

Mr. X: Thanks for the kind words. The short skirt was fun to wear, maybe because it was short. Heh!

bluejay: Because of my height, it's difficult to find a properly fitting tunic, but, I continuing trying to find one.

Jaunt #355, 2/4/2017: Despite abundant sunshine yesterday, temps struggled to break the low 30's, so, I decided to go on my outing at a mall where I could be inside where it's warm. The mall in question was King of Prussia, the second time in three months I've been there on a jaunt, garbed in a black leather jacket over a dark gray mockneck, a denim button down skirt, black tights, the Walking Cradles "Elites" riding boots and a black satchel bag. The mall wasn't quite so crowded like it had been back in December what with scores of people doing their Christmas shopping, but, given how KOP is said to be the second largest mall in the country, the place was still plenty packed for a Saturday, and yet, when I entered the mall from the indoor parking lot, no one paid me any attention as I slowly strolled the place, after my first stop at the comic book shop, I went to the food court for lunch, and even though it was packed, no heads turned, no one giggled or gave me odd looks as I bought a couple slices of pepperoni pizza (something I haven't had for awhile) and a bottle of water and sat down to eat.

Following lunch, I went about strolling through the mall, window shopping here and there, wandering in a store here and there, pausing to enjoy an Auntie Anne's pretzel with a cup of lemonade while checking my email for some thirty minutes or so. Walking into the Apple Store to check out the new MacBook laptops, one of the salespeople, a youngish, beefy black man told me he liked my boots, I smiled back and thanked him. I wound up leisurely wandering the mall for well over four hours, buying a few things along the way, but not much stuff, but the real treat was being able to blend in with my surroundings and be treated just like everyone else in the mall, heck, I could've easily stayed longer and had dinner there, but I wanted to get back home before dark, still, it had been a most enjoyable experience, demonstrating how a man can openly wear a skirt and other female accouterments, including a big handbag in public and not be seen as an oddity or a sideshow, but then, I had proved that claim a long time ago, only I had done so in a huge mall full of people, that was what made the outing all the more fun. More to come....

Jaunt #355, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #355, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

no one paid me any attention as I slowly strolled the place

Again I'm not surprised at the level of attention you garnered.  Your outfit seems designed to blend in, and knowing that is your goal, well done.  I'm still not a real fan of those ridding boots with a skirt.  I think they would look better with jeans or slacks  I know you like them, and the guy in the Apple store likes them, as well as others here at hhplace, but I think your heeled booties would have looked better.  It does sound like you had a grand and fun outing, so again, well done.

Since Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, there are at least six more weeks of thigh boot weather, so you haven't missed the opportunity yet.

:wavey:

• Like 1

Jeff, Hurrah for proper boots! Nice skirt too, I still personally don't like buttons at the front of my skirts, but the image you present is very smart. I think I would choose warm boots over any heeled ones as it's just good to feel comfy... You should team your riding boots with that cute grey pencil skirt a jaunt or two ago :cheeky: 

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Again I'm not surprised at the level of attention you garnered.  Your outfit seems designed to blend in, and knowing that is your goal, well done.  I'm still not a real fan of those ridding boots with a skirt.  I think they would look better with jeans or slacks  I know you like them, and the guy in the Apple store likes them, as well as others here at hhplace, but I think your heeled booties would have looked better.  It does sound like you had a grand and fun outing, so again, well done.

Since Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, there are at least six more weeks of thigh boot weather, so you haven't missed the opportunity yet.

Yes, I know that wretched rodent saw it's shadow, still, the increased opportunity to wear thigh boots was a pleasant trade-off. Meanwhile, I just plain enjoy those riding boots, something I've wanted for years and they suit me quite well. As for the "Martinez" booties, perhaps I'll take them for a spin to KOP sometime in the future and see what happens.

15 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

Jeff, Hurrah for proper boots! Nice skirt too, I still personally don't like buttons at the front of my skirts, but the image you present is very smart. I think I would choose warm boots over any heeled ones as it's just good to feel comfy... You should team your riding boots with that cute grey pencil skirt a jaunt or two ago :cheeky: 

A good idea there! I'll give that a try sometime down the road.

Hey @JeffB;

The weather reports a big noreaster is heading towards Philly tonight with 4"-8" of snow.  Another good excuse to break out the thigh boots. :cheeky:

Looks like it's gonna hit at drive time.  Stay safe my friend.

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, robbiehhw said:

Great outfit and great outing. Love going to the mall. 

I will also add that i think with that length skirt, short booties would be the only good boot choice. Still, very nice boots too!

I might experiment with the Payless booties with that length skirt. That should be interesting.

13 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Hey @JeffB;

The weather reports a big noreaster is heading towards Philly tonight with 4"-8" of snow.  Another good excuse to break out the thigh boots. :cheeky:

Looks like it's gonna hit at drive time.  Stay safe my friend.

As I type these words of wit(?) at 5:28 a.m., we've got freezing rain here as the changeover to snow is taking place. The place where I work announced a 9 a.m. opening, but I suspect that's going to turn into a closure.

22 hours ago, Sydheel said:

You have snow !!

western suburbs of Sydney hitting 46 degrees. City and beaches much milder at just 40........

C not F

Yikes - - too hot for me.  It's brisk 15 deg F and I have yet to dig out a winter coat.

Jaunt #356, 2/11/2017: The more you do a certain something, the easier it becomes. For me, that certain something is wearing a miniskirt in the dead of winter, and even though temps were no better than mid 40's, that didn't stop me from going out in one as I sported my black faux leather jacket over a teal mockneck, the gray miniskirt with the distressed hem, black tights, the Payless "Martinez" booties in black and one of my two satchel bags which I've come to enjoy using because I can put so much more stuff into it over a standard purse. But, the highlight was wearing the short skirt which was great fun while reinforcing my belief that I look better in women's clothes than men's, and I never fail to feel awesome when I'm in a skirt and heels, and the outfit I wore felt as natural to me as breathing. I mean, why not wear a miniskirt in winter? As long as you dress warmly with appropriate legwear like tights or leggings, it's as easy as it gets, and it affords me the opportunity to show off my legs which was certainly a good thing.

Despite the chill in the air, I felt perfectly comfortable as I drove downtown, parked a block away from my friendly neighborhood comic book shop where I spent a good half hour before strolling a good four plus blocks down Walnut Street to the Apple Store to buy a Lightning Dock for my iPhone to use at work. The salesperson who waited on me, a twentysomething black woman said she liked my shoes, I smiled back and told her they came from Payless, her eyes lit up and she said she was going to go and buy a pair for herself. Plenty cool, eh? Leaving the store, I walked down to One Liberty Place to have lunch, there was a good crowd in the food court, and, of course, no one paid me any attention as I dined at Chick-Fil-A, enjoying a chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of water. Leaving OLP, I casually strolled back to where my car was, passing scores of people who never batted an eye, then drove over into South Jersey and Moorestown Mall where I saw John Wick Chapter 2 and enjoyed it. After the movie, I retreated to the nearby Barnes & Noble for some reading on my nook e-reader which I had with me along with a slice of apple pie which was seriously yummy.

Once again, I've shown that if you dress appropriately for the environment you happen to be in, sporting a skirt and heels is no big deal at all, and I enjoying pushing the envelope in my own way like I did by rocking a mini in February. More to come....

Jaunt #356, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #356, outfit-2.jpg

Looks good JeffB!  I do like those booties.  However, I was expecting this jaunt to be about your mushing through the snow in your thigh boots.

I've been amazed at how much "stuff" I manage to get into the small bag I've been carrying for a long time now.  I shudder think what I'd wind up packing into a bag that large. :penitent:  Ah, moderation in all things (except boots). 

• Like 1