The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

JeffB,

You are a fashion masterpiece and NO masterpiece should be rushed!

TBG,

You consistently carry your confidence so why worry any more now about your ambient security? How many years now walking around in thigh-high boots of all footwear, with an obvious beard, and you're still walking tall. The same would-be-morons or cowardly boors which were around a year ago are still around. What stops any of them is your confidence and the rule of law. Once any one's thought process comes around to the idea  a stupid act will result in apprehension by an alert community will lead to a jail cell and a meaningful consequence is when common sense then kicks in. If you curb what you would normally do then evil wins. You've made the world take you on your terms so don't stop now :)

CAT,

Your style is nothing short of edgy so I wonder really why you are so concerned. Keep strutting your stuff and stay confident. I understand some of your concerns but if someone really has nothing better to do than try to figure out who you are then they'll do it anyway. I mean you outdress most women in downtown Chicago.  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

You consistently carry your confidence so why worry any more now about your ambient security?

Confident or not, I still am careful about where I go.  Society is more tolerant but it still pays to be careful.  As you said, "The same would-be-morons or cowardly boors which were around a year ago are still around".    (I gave up on the beard several years ago.)

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Jaunt #347, 12/9/2016: Well, it looks like winter weather is in full force as temps barely cracked 40 with partial sunshine and periods of stiff winds that made it feel a good deal colder. Perfect conditions for an outing as dressed warmly in my leather jacket over a red turtleneck, a black, 36 inch a-line skirt, black tights, the Walking Cradles "Elites" riding boots and a black handbag. Despite how frosty it was outside, I was good and warm as I headed west into Springfield and the Hallmark store in a strip mall to buy Christmas cards as I plan to avoid procrastination and get them out early (Oops! I just occurred to me as I write these words of wit(?) that I forgot to buy stamps! I'll have to take care of that today) for a change. From there, I walked to the nearby Olive Garden where I hadn't dined lately for lunch, there was a good crowd in the restaurant when I walked in around noon, but was taken to a table and ordered the Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara with a glass of iced tea. Mmmmmm! Mondo yummy!

After paying my bill and leaving a nice tip to the lady who waited on me, I left and drove to the Springfield Mall where I wandered through the place. Since it's the holiday season, the mall was fairly well packed, but no one paid me any attention while I was there, stopping at a calendar kiosk where I bought a Dilbert wall calendar for my cubicle at work and a Chuck Norris wall calendar for home. After about half an hour at the mall, I left and drove back towards Philly, stopping at Best Buy to wander about my home away from home, and it was pretty crowded to with folks shopping for gifts of the electrical and electronic kind, it's not uncommon to spend all sorts of serious time in the place, and that's fun for me as I went to the register with a Roku streaming box for the TV in my bedroom so I can watch lots and lots of TV shows from the coziness of my bed. Ahhh, technology! Gotta love it! As usual, a fun experience spent freestyling and feeling perfectly at ease and comfortable in the clothes I like wearing, and I was warm too! More to come....

Jaunt #347, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #347, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

16 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Ah, Jeffb looking good while warm and toasty.

Yes, I certainly was!

Jaunt #348, 12/10/2016: Just like on Friday, the forecast for yesterday called for sunshine, frosty temps that struggled mightily to reach 40 with biting winds that made the air feel a good ten degrees colder, so what did I wear on an outing? Why, a miniskirt of course! Now I'm sure you're probably thinking, has Jeff taken leave of his senses? Maybe, but I was eager to prove that you don't have to consign your short skirts to the back of your closet until spring as long as you properly accessorize them. In my case, I paired my 16 inch gray denim mini with the distressed hem with my black leather jacket, a turquoise turtleneck, black leggings, the Payless "Martinez" booties in black and a black handbag along with black leather gloves and an earband which I forgot to wear in the pictures.

Anyhoo, stepping outside, beyond the initial rush of chilly air on my face, let me tell you that I didn't feel the least bit cold, especially on my legs thanks to the leggings which helped to keep me perfectly warm, despite the arctic conditions and the stiff winds. As for my outing, the first stop was to the main branch of the Post Office for some some stamps that I would need to send off the Christmas cards I bought the day before, standing in line, no one paid any attention to me, ten minutes later, I was back in my car and off to center city, after some thirty minutes, I found a parking space on the street my local comic book shop was on where I got good news and bad news: the good news was that there was no meter fees for parking after 11 a.m., meaning I could stay as long as I wanted. The bad news was that the comic shop wasn't open because of a problem with their security door, the owner was right outside and told me it would be an hour or so to get it open, I said it was okay and told him I'd be back as I had to have my fix of new comic books.

With that, I headed down Walnut Street, thanks to all the skyscrapers, the wind whipped harder than it did in more open spaces, but I was perfectly comfortable. While at a corner waiting on a traffic light, I stood next to a twentysomething woman in a parka, jeans and furry Uggs who looked me up and down out of curiosity, then asked, "Sorry to bother you, but aren't you cold in that thing?" (by "thing", she no doubt meant the skirt), I shook my head, then pointed at my legs, "Leggings. Couldn't be warmer." I replied. The woman chuckled then said I had a ton more courage than her to wear a mini on such a cold day, I said it was no big deal, then we went our separate ways. It should be noted that I had seen other women on the streets wearing short skirts like me, a couple sans leg coverings, meaning they were braver than me. I walked down crowded streets to One Liberty Square for lunch, then I ventured up to the building's observation deck to kill some time. The view of the city from there was absolutely amazing, well worth seeing.

Finally, I went back down, left the building and strolled back up those crowded streets where people barely gave me a glance, past Rittenhouse Square Park (where no one was sitting on benches, I can guess why) and to the comic shop which was open for business where I bought the week's new book and yammered with the owner about today's Eagles-Redskins game and how the Birds figured to lose. By then, it was after three p.m. and chillier than it had been in the morning as I headed back home, but I was still comfortable, still good and warm, despite what might be seen as unorthodox attire, but I didn't feel that way. More to come....

Jaunt #348, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #348, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

You look fabulous in that rig! I think the mini skirts are fine if you have thick tights, or in your case leggings! Cute booties too :cheeky: A much more youthful look. Though being the prude I am, I would have gone for a knee length denim pencil :nono::P 

Looking forward to your next jaunt :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

Now I'm sure you're probably thinking, has Jeff taken leave of his senses?

I thought we established that a long time ago. :penitent:

The outfit looks great but soon the temperatures will move down from brisk to cold and it will be time to break out your thigh boots, which will also look great with that "thing" you were wearing.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

16 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

You look fabulous in that rig! I think the mini skirts are fine if you have thick tights, or in your case leggings! Cute booties too :cheeky: A much more youthful look. Though being the prude I am, I would have gone for a knee length denim pencil :nono::P 

Looking forward to your next jaunt :) 

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I try to look youthful when the mood strikes.

15 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

I thought we established that a long time ago. :penitent:

The outfit looks great but soon the temperatures will move down from brisk to cold and it will be time to break out your thigh boots, which will also look great with that "thing" you were wearing.

I quite agree! I'll see what I can do about that soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #349, 12/21/2016: What a better way to celebrate the official first day of winter than with an outing. The irony of it all is that it really wasn't all that wintery as the skies were partly sunny with temperatures that reached into the upper 40's, and while it wasn't exactly balmy, it was comfortable enough to venture out in my faux black leather jacket over a magenta mockneck, my button down denim knee length skirt, the Walking Cradles "Elites" riding boots and a black handbag. I drove into South Jersey and to the multiplex across the road from the Cherry Hill Mall where I watched Assassin's Creed, a movie based on the popular videogame franchise starring Michael Fassbender, having never played the game (or any videogame for that matter), I had no idea what to expect, but I found it to have been a pretty darn decent action flick, well worth my time. After the film, I drove over to the mall for lunch in the food court, as usual, there was no consternation over my attire while I enjoyed two slices of pepperoni pizza with a bottle of water. Ahh, tasty!

Then I went into JCPenney to do some shopping, however, I shopped for MEN'S clothing, namely pants as what I currently have in my wardrobe for work was looking very threadbare and was in need of replacing, I managed to find pants on sale for $19.99 a pair, so I bought four. Yay me! From there, I casually wandered through the mall for nearly an hour, easily blending in with the throngs of people doing their shopping, I did see an odd stare and glance here and there, but nothing more than that, I paused to enjoy an Auntie Anne's pretzel as a post-lunch snack, then spent a good twenty plus minutes in the Apple Store as I silently debated updating my current three year old iPhone. I didn't buy anything, but I got ideas on what I might want to splurge on myself for the big day. Leaving the mall, I drove down to the Moorestown Mall, going into Sears, I treated myself to a couple of nice ladies leather belts (one black, the other brown), then wandered through the mall which wasn't quite as crowded as Cherry Hill but still had plenty of people milling about doing their shopping but I went ignored, which is how it should always be when on an outing.

Nothing flashy or fancy, but then, that's not what I go in for while out and about in public, call it my personal mantra, and one I enjoy. More to come....

Jaunt #349, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #349, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

Looks great! I like the skirt length too! :) 

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated! 

Jaunt #350, 12/22/2016: On the second day of winter, I decided to wear a dress. Why? Because I wanted to, nothing more complicated than that. And yeah, also because I usually mark every fiftieth jaunt by wearing one. While skirts are great fun, it feels really special to wear a dress, and I enjoy every opportunity I get to go out and about in one as I sported my black cowlneck sweater dress with gray tights, the Payless "Martinez" booties, a black handbag and my black faux leather jacket for an outing to the Philadelphia Art Museum. Despite abundant sunshine, there was a chill in the air, but it felt rather good to me, after arriving at the museum's underground garage, I headed to the building, just as I approached the main entrance, a twentysomething woman who was leaving smiled at me and said, "Love your boots!" I smiled back and thanked her. Once inside, I detected something different almost instantly as there was a palpable atmosphere of hustle and bustle which I hadn't noticed on past visits and the reason became very clear after a bought my ticket and checked in my jacket: school groups were all over the place, lots and lots of tweens and teens were seemingly everywhere.

It appeared that everywhere I turned, there were groups of kids milling about with harried looking chaparones, and yeah, in every group I passed, I got more than a few stares and second glances. It was certainly different and unexpected, but I brushed it off because I was pretty much used to that sort of thing as I casually strolled about the museum which was always a treat, getting to enjoy all the art which was absolutely amazing, I tell you, the place is very much the treasure because of everything they have on display. An hour into my visit, I was checking out Persian rugs when a black woman who was a museum security person walked up to me and said, "I've never seen a guy in a dress before, but you make it look good." With a nod and a smile, I thanked her for the compliment, I guess I must've done something right. My stay at the museum lasted little over three hours and, as usual, I doubt I saw everything the place had to offer, but that's cool as that gives me an excuse to return on a future date to soak in more of the atmosphere, and to check out whatever I might've missed. And yeah, wearing a dress made my visit all the more special, I'll have to wear them more often. More to come, including----THE NUMBERS!!

Jaunt #350, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #350, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

The security guard was right, Jeff. You DO make it look good. Great outfit on you.

Museums are great places for heeling, even better than shopping malls. People aren't usually there to watch other people, they're there to see the exhibits. So for anyone who is just starting out or wants to try out public heeling, a museum is a great choice, especially an art museum. Artists are always considered leading edge anyway, so your leading edge fashion statement won't seem odd to anybody.

Steve

Edited by Steve63130
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

I was checking out Persian rugs when a black woman who was a museum security person walked up to me and said, "I've never seen a guy in a dress before, but you make it look good."

She is absolutely right, you do make it look good.  The simple color scheme works and the heel on the boots makes a difference (improvement) from the riding boots.

I wore wore a cowl neck top that is almost long enough to be a dress, with a long leather coat and denim leggings with boots to the doctors Tuesday and with a bulky sweated to the movies (Dr.Strange) and Sam's Club Wednesday.  When I mentioned that I saw Dr.Strange to some friends, to a person they said, "You fit right in". :penitent:

GEDC1217.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! To have been complimented by a woman for saying a guy looked good in a dress was quite the compliment, meaning my hard work when it came to studying fashion and putting what I've learned into practice paid off considerably. In addition, my love for wearing women's clothes also helped with my presentation. And yes, that will make me want to wear dresses more!

Steve63130: Yes, museums certainly are a great place for freestyling, other than some of those kids I passed by, no one paid me a lick of attention, I was able to come and go as I pleased (like I am just about everywhere else), and yeah, I did get that compliment. I'll have to visit the museum more!

TBG: Nice outfit, especially the boots! Well done!

And now, without further delay----THE NUMBERS!

JAUNTS BY YEAR

• 2008: 10
  • 2009: 42
  • 2010: 28
  • 2011: 61
  • 2012: 34
  • 2013: 33
  • 2014: 45
  • 2015: 46
  • 2016: 51 (and counting)

CLOTHING

• Skirts: 265 (above knee-174, below knee-62, at knee-29)
  • Jeans: 63 (tucked in boots-39, untucked-24)
  • Skorts: 9
  • Dresses: 7
  • Capris: 4
  • Pants: 1
  • Long Sweaters: 1

FOOTWEAR

• Payless shoes: 215
  • Other shoes: 135
  • Boots: 124 (knee high-68, thigh high-45, ankle high-11)
  • Pumps: 101
  • Loafers: 37
  • Sandals: 36
  • Slides: 27
  • Flats: 25

PERCENTAGES

• Skirts: 75.9
  • Jeans: 18.0
  • Skorts: 2.5
  • Dresses: 2.1
  • Capris: 1.1
  • Pants: 0.2
  • Long Sweaters: 0.2
  • Boots: 35.5
  • Pumps: 28.8
  • Loafers: 10.5
  • Sandals: 10.4
  • Slides: 7.7

SHOE TYPES

• Sandals: 11
  • Slides: 10
  • Pumps: 8
  • Boots: 6
  • Loafers: 2

Shoe Types is a new category for my numbers list, and look at what's on top: sandals and slides! Surprising, eh? Several years ago, you couldn't have PAID me to wear those type of shoes which I disliked, today, I'm just plain crazy about them. Case in point, this past warm weather season, those shoes were all I wore, and I loved how they matched well with my skirts, more importantly, I loved wearing them. Already, I can't wait for spring to roll around so I can start wearing them again!

• Like 1

I'm with you on sandals, Jeff. A few years ago I thought NO WAY! But I bough some anyway, and the more I wore them, the more I liked them, especially with a well-done pedicure. And I bought more! Now I can't wait till warm weather is here!

Steve

• Like 1

On 05/04/2015 at 11:26 AM, JeffB said:

Jaunt #257, 4/4/2015:

A combination of blustery weather and a picture by redandwhite in the Gallery section gave me the inspiration for the outfit I wore on my latest outing, that being my denim jacket over a black mockneck, a 21 inch stretchy denim pencil skirt from Old Navy, black tights, the Payless "Tara" boots and a black handbag. Even though spring has arrived, it was cool and gusty, so the outfit I put together made for a good choice, especially after how I liked redandwhite's combination of a gray skirt, black tights and matching boots. Regarding the skirt which I bought well over a year ago, it was comfortable and stylish with a rear slit (or, as they call it in the industry, a walking vent) and matched well with my tights and boots. The only thing more important to me than feeling good when I wear women's clothes is looking good and being appropriately fashionable.

My first stop of the day was to a branch of my bank to hit the ATM, parked half a block away and drew the curious stare of a homeless man sitting on a bench as I passed, after getting some cash, he stared again at me as I returned to my car. from there, it was off to my local comic shop, managed to find a spot less than half a block away from the store, I did get a couple of stares here and there, but that's okay, you have to get used to stares when out in public or you can't make freestyling work. After nearly half an hour in the store, including some chatter about the local pro sports teams, I indulged in a two block stroll through always busy and crowded Rittenhouse Square where I drew little attention, and that was cool with me too, being able to go about my business like everyone else. I swung by Barnes & Noble, spending close to half an hour there and leaving with a couple of sports magazines, returning to my car, it was over the bridge and into South Jersey, going to Wendy's in the Moorestown Mall area where I enjoyed a Baconator. Yum!

My last stop was to Sears for more shopping as I bought a nice blue twill skirt that came with a slim tan belt, I can see myself pairing that with a beige or tan top and those tan Payless loafers I bought a few weeks ago. Just like with most women, a man can never have enough skirts, and, as I probably mentioned previously, with winter looking to finally be gone, I'm eager to break out my spring and summer skirts for the season that's developing. More to come....

Jaunt #257, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #257, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #257, outfit-3.jpg

Jaunt #257, outfit-4.jpg

I had no idea that I ever inspired anyone! I take that as a big compliment. Thanks !!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

I have always liked that skirt! Suits you, Jeff! No jaunts over Xmas? :cry::nono: 

Well, now that you mentioned it:

Jaunt #351, 12/26/2016: A couple of weeks ago during a brief stretch of warm weather, I was downtown (non-jaunt) when two twentysomething women passed by wearing hoodies with short skirts. For some odd reason, that image stuck in my mind as I found those girls to have looked cute, so, just for fun, I decided to replicate that look, pairing a nine dollar Misses green hoodie bought at Primark with my gray denim miniskirt with the deconstructed hemline, the black faux leather jacket, black tights, the Walking Cradles "Elites" riding boots and a black handbag. All in all, I rather liked the outfit I put together which was perfectly casual for a casual outing to Springfield.

My first stop was to Acme for a few odds and ends, followed by a stop at Best Buy where I haven't been for awhile, since it was the day after Christmas, there was quite the sizable crowd inside, using gift cards, taking advantage of post-Xmas sales and returning stuff. I spent well over half an hour in the store before going to the register with a Blu-Ray copy of Suicide Squad. My next stop was to Bed Bath and Beyond which also had a larger than normal crowd as I bought some skirt hangers and a jar of peppercorns to refill my pepper grinder at home. From there, it was off to Springfield Mall which (yep, you guessed it) was also pretty packed as I strolled the place then stopped at the food court for lunch, enjoying a piece of pizza with a bottle of water.

While I did get a glance here and there, for the most part, I went ignored as usual. I have to say that I rather liked my hoodie and skirt combo which, as I said previously, worked well as a casual outfit, I can see myself sporting this look come March and April when it's not cold enough for a jacket but not warm enough for shirt sleeves alone. More to come....

Jaunt #351, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #351, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

Love it ♡♡♡ super cute as always, love the way you are girlishly fiddling with your hem in the second pic as well - I do that when I'm nervous too. Combo looks good, but lose the leather jacket. A yellow hoodie and a blue denim skirt would look great as well. Looking forward to your next jaunt :) 

• Like 1

Jaunt #352, 12/28/2016: After a purely casual outfit on my last trip, I felt like dressing up for my newest outing, going with my faux leather jacket over a cream colored mockneck, a Liz Claiborne faux suede pencil skirt in forest green, black tights, the Payless "Martinez" booties and a black handbag. The new skirt looked good on me paired with the mockneck and it felt good to wear as well while I continue to enjoy wearing the Payless booties which are just great, especially for the noticeably loud and sharp sound of the heels on the pavement. I just can't get enough of the shoes, plain and simple.

My first stop was to the University City branch of my bank where I turned a bunch of coins I rolled the other night, almost $88.00 worth. From there, I drove over into South Jersey and Wendy's near the Moorestown Mall where I enjoyed a Baconator with a bottle of water, ahhh, delightful. Then I headed to the multiplex to check out the sci-fi flick Passengers, it was decent, but nothing to write home about. After a little wandering about in Moorestown Mall, I swung into Sears for a little shopping, leaving with a couple of belts and a sharp new tote bag. Being a fashion freestyler, I've come to appreciate the importance of having a stylish bag on my shoulder, I love carrying them, and, as I've said many times before, I don't feel dressed, nor would I leave the house without a purse.

After the movie, I went to the Barnes & Noble to chill out and relax for a bit, reading from my nook™ while enjoying a cup of hot chocolate for about an hour. My last stop of the day was to the Cherry Hill Mall which still had sizeable crowds three days after Christmas as shoppers were taking advantage of post holiday sales, but I was able to come and go as I pleased through the mall without incident for well over an hour, checked out the new MacBook Pro at the Apple Store, I even ate an early dinner at a restaurant, waiting out rush hour traffic before heading back into the city and home. As I've also said, if you affect the demeanor of someone comfortable in your skin, regardless of how you're dressed, you'll succeed at wearing women's clothes in public. More to come....

Jaunt #352, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #352, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

Wow! Lost for words. I love the skirt, booties are a nice touch as well. Just fabulous. I have been looking for a skirt that colour as well, and I hope its thick tights in this weather! ♡♡♡

Thanks for the kind words. The skirt came from JCPenney, and I have another one just like it in tan, and yes, it looks great on me. As for the tights, they were appropriately thick for the chilly temps, I'm no fool in that regard. As for the booties, I just love wearing them as they go well with just about any outfit I put together. I can't wait to wear them again.

Hey JeffB;

Cool outfit and I like the booties more than the riding boots (I don't believe I just said that.) 

I played my monthly gig (wearing gray OTK boots and denim print leggings over hose) at the Free store this morning but there were very few folks stopping by.  Anyway after everyone had their pick,  I picked up a Snoma insulated vest and a brimmed hat.  I have never worn a brimmed hat in my life but I got an "I like your hat" as I wore it when leaving.  I'm interested in your (and others) opinion.

GEDC1247.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Hey JeffB;

Cool outfit and I like the booties more than the riding boots (I don't believe I just said that.) 

I played my monthly gig (wearing gray OTK boots and denim print leggings over hose) at the Free store this morning but there were very few folks stopping by.  Anyway after everyone had their pick,  I picked up a Snoma insulated vest and a brimmed hat.  I have never worn a brimmed hat in my life but I got an "I like your hat" as I wore it when leaving.  I'm interested in your (and others) opinion.

GEDC1247.jpg

Probably stepping on Jeff's thread, but the question was raised! I'm a big fan of the hat. Not so much of the vest.

I also like Jeff's ankle booties more than the riding boots, although it's a marginal preference.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Hey JeffB;

GEDC1247.jpg

Well now, I must say the hat sure made your outfit look sporty. A nice touch. As for the vest, I see women wear them open instead of zipped up. Now, if it's chilly, then by all means, zip up to your heart's content. Heck, I might give one a try myself.

15 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Probably stepping on Jeff's thread, but the question was raised! I'm a big fan of the hat. Not so much of the vest.

I also like Jeff's ankle booties more than the riding boots, although it's a marginal preference.

I'm glad you and TBG like the booties. I also have a pair in tan, but I'm working on just the right outfit to pair it with.

2 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

New year, new me! A more appropriate name as I prefer my skirts to heels... looking to see what ensemble yiu had for new years, dont keep us in suspense!

Congrats on the new handle. My first 2017 jaunt will come soon.

• Like 1