World Heel Meet 2009: London, *DATE CHANGE* Saturday Feb. 21 2009

kneehighs

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roughly where do you live? And would you wear the dress at the daytime venue or not? You can tell I'm nervous about this!!

Bev

I live about 20 miles north of Portsmouth. I will not be wearing a dress during the heelmeet but there maybe others that might be.

Everyone is welcome and as LovesHiHeels noted, you will not be alone. The Miller Pub is a safe site and also you can always change at the Pub, last year others did.

David

Are crossdressers in heels welcome at these meets? I only wear heels with skirts and dresses.

Bev

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to everyone, and congrats for the amazing effort for this event. I am very motivated to go but unfortunatelly ill be traveling overseas (far from england) at that time, but if for some reason i can make it, is there a posibility to have availability at hotel room low cost at the last minute, I will be comming from a 7 hour flight so most probably i would need a couple of hours to regain energies. I saw the pics shown from previous heelmeets, it looks that you guys had a very good time, and that the group know each other pretty well, also i noticed that many people are ok with the idea of disclosing identity, either by picture or by going out in public, My concern is what if we prefer to keep our identity undisclosed meaning no pics nor videos, i am concern of that. I noticed that all faces were shown in all of you, i thought that none of you didnt mind to be in the pic. is it safe for this small detail? or am I a little paranoic? Another privacy issue is, what if general patrons come up from the side door to try to sneak in and find the meet as an opportunity to take a video or something unusual and start taking pics discretely, in order to do something with it, is it posible? or the door is locked and whoever is comming has to have their nickname on the list or being identified as hhplace member etc? Is not that I am a celebrity but i know people in London that are very much linked to my work and network and i wont like to appear in some public media or something, maybe im paranoic again. cheers to all of you and I hope to be able to attend, morpho

V. Morpho

Morpho! While I won't be able to attend the heelmeet this year, I understand your concerns about being "discovered." There are really only two choices that you have. Either decide to come or not come. If you decide to attend, then you can work yourself into a froth if you go through the entire list of things that can happen. There is a 99.9% chance that everything will go as planned. If those odds aren't good enough, then I would, if I were you, not even consider attending. On the other hand, these guys have been orginizing heelmeets for several years and know the ropes and are really good at it. It's your choice.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Oh to only be living on THAT side of that whomping puddle of water - I'd be so there in a cold second. I'll be thinking well of you chaps, and hope for all the best that there is a HUGE turnout! Cheers!! SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Hi to everyone, and congrats for the amazing effort for this event.

I am very motivated to go but unfortunatelly ill be traveling overseas (far from england) at that time, but if for some reason i can make it, is there a posibility to have availability at hotel room low cost at the last minute, I will be comming from a 7 hour flight so most probably i would need a couple of hours to regain energies.

Point well understood as I too suffer jet lag, especially when traveling to Europe from the States.

I saw the pics shown from previous heelmeets, it looks that you guys had a very good time, and that the group know each other pretty well, also i noticed that many people are ok with the idea of disclosing identity, either by picture or by going out in public,

If you explicitly state that you do not want your photo posted, your photo will not be posted. Very simple. There have been people present on all past meets who explicitly requested for their photo to not be posted, therefore it was not posted.

My concern is what if we prefer to keep our identity undisclosed meaning no pics nor videos, i am concern of that. I noticed that all faces were shown in all of you, i thought that none of you didnt mind to be in the pic. is it safe for this small detail? or am I a little paranoic?

The photos of all attendees were not taken, only of those consenting to a photo.

Another privacy issue is, what if general patrons come up from the side door to try to sneak in and find the meet as an opportunity to take a video or something unusual and start taking pics discretely, in order to do something with it, is it posible? or the door is locked and whoever is comming has to have their nickname on the list or being identified as hhplace member etc?

The Miller is a bit off the beaten path, so there isn't much foot traffic to begin with. The main doors will not be open, only the side entrance doors. Remember this key point: The Miller doesn't open to the general public until 18:00. Our heel meet is from 10:30 - 17:00, so you are safe.

Is not that I am a celebrity but i know people in London that are very much linked to my work and network and i wont like to appear in some public media or something, maybe im paranoic again.

The media has never been invited to a meet in the past. Nor will they be invited to the future 2009 meet. Trust me, if I see a stranger walking around with a camera and a flash, I'll be the first person to approach them. iloveboots will surely do the same.

cheers to all of you and I hope to be able to attend,

morpho

Hope to see you there!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I feel much much better knowing that, thanks kneehights, Bubba thanks for the heads up, i feel confortable to go (.01% of the chances to be discovered is still a great risk but when i wear my boots almost evry time i say what the hell, but then after i take them off, i reconsider if what i did was inteligent, so far i havnt done anything stupid or irreversible, If my schedule will let me scape, so please reserve my space there with a cold budingtons beer handy for starting the breakfast at 10 am. but i will confirm to all at least one week before the event, by then i will know. cheers

V. Morpho

• 5 weeks later...

We are finally closing in on the WHM 2009! In just a couple of weeks the largest group of men who wear high heels and still appear as men that exists will all gather under one roof for their Annual World Heel Meet and you don't want to miss out! After much procrastinating I finally booked my airfare and lodging in London and will be staying in Soho, near Charing Cross! Woohoo! Hope to see you all there!

We are finally closing in on the WHM 2009!

In just a couple of weeks the largest group of men who wear high heels and still appear as men that exists will all gather under one roof for their Annual World Heel Meet and you don't want to miss out!

Well, some do! lol

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Just done a quick check to see who might be coming to this years Heel meet. Kneehighs Loveshiheels Bladerunner Dr Shoe Xaphod Admirer5577 Thedesigner Stilloscot Highestheels Boynheels Heelfan Calv And a few more that might come, Airwolf. Las Wellies Pumplover Which makes a total of 16 so far

Just done a quick check to see who might be coming to this years Heel meet.

Kneehighs

Loveshiheels

Bladerunner

Dr Shoe

Xaphod

Admirer5577

Thedesigner

Stilloscot

Highestheels

Boynheels

Heelfan

Calv

And a few more that might come,

Airwolf.

Las

Wellies

Pumplover

Which makes a total of 16 so far

Our attendance numbers are no doubt going to be affected due to the global economic slowdown.

Most of the information about who is going is available in the POLL results list below. I'm guessing we can expect around 20-25 attendees in total.

http://www.hhplace.org/real_life_meetings/12443-probable_possible_whm_2009_london_saturday_feb_21_2009_note_date.html

l

Just to put everyone's mind completely at rest: 1. The wearing of heels (of any height) has never been compulsory at any of the UK Heel-meets. Some guys (even one of the moderators at the 2008 event!) turn up in flat male shoes. Some stay that way throughout, but others change into heels once they realise they are amongst like-minded friends, and that the venue The Miller gives us total privacy to relax, enjoy the buffet and chat to each other, 2. Inclusion in the group photos is not compulsory either. You can stay right out-of-shot or inside The Miller, or if you want to make up the numbers and have your heel-wearing photographed, then why not take part but shield your face or keep your back to the camera. I hope this encourages everyone to come along, because neither the heel-wearing nor the photos should be any barrier to coming along for a truly great day. I've been to over twenty heel-meets and every one has been GREAT! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I'm coming BTW, add me in! I can only second Heefan's post. Wear what you want, but London is London. Anything goes in London (and most big cities). Once you have discovered this, you won't look back. But, discovery in the face of the (personally) unknown is one of the biggest adventures.

I will not be attending this year's HM.

My employer is still hiring, so it has nothing to do with the economic crisis.

I've been to London a couple of times. It is becoming a stale experience. In 2007 and 2008, I was able to arrange my trip around a holiday. Not so this year. London is still too cold during February. March or April are better times to hold a meet, perhaps in a different city.

I will especially miss Xa and Calv. Will miss everyone else as well.

I might attend in the future-we'll see.

Hope everybody has a good time this year.

Airwolf

Just done a quick check to see who might be coming to this years Heel meet.

Kneehighs

Loveshiheels

Bladerunner

Dr Shoe

Xaphod

Admirer5577

Thedesigner

Stilloscot

Highestheels

Boynheels

Heelfan

Calv

And a few more that might come,

Airwolf.

Las

Wellies

Pumplover

Which makes a total of 16 so far

Since i'm heading all over the planet to all sorts off fetish events, i was wondering why not going to the HeelMeet (no, not an fetish event). I've missed a few years allready, and wanna see if i can make it to this years event. Now, since i will be at kink10, probably at FF at Ft. Lauderdale en FE in Essen, i am trying to cut cost on these events. So i'm running trying to calculate some cost for going to the HeelMeet. Ferry will be cheapest, but then i have to park my car somewhere safe in London. Since me current car is very high on the joyriders list, i'm gonna need a hotel with closed parking. I've looked around at some hotels in the London area, but i'm stunned with the pricing. Getting a plane across is another option, then tube into London. However, i rather not go through customs with a suitcase with unusual gear, that all went bad last year at kink9 in Jamaica..... Any thoughts from peeps in london? Secondly, whats the full schedule. The Heelmeet is the main thing on saturday, however, there seems to be more going on. Like maybe food with the peeps arived on a friday, and something going on saturdays evening? Maybe these guestions have been answered, however i tried to read all the threads on this meet, but couldn't find anything. So, if answered, please ignore my ignorance ;-)

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Here is the thread concerning the "events" of friday such as they are. There don't appear to be any proper plans in place for meals etc, but I'm quite sure we'll end up in a eatery somewhere if you want to tag along...:

http://www.hhplace.org/real_life_meetings/12983-any_plans_friday_whm_weekend-2.html#post199593

Here is the calendar entry for the event itself:

http://www.hhplace.org/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=16&day=2009-2-21

And the Saturday Evening:

http://www.hhplace.org/real_life_meetings/12855-post_world_heel_meet_nite_out.html

Any ideas for sunday will probably be mooted at the heelmeet itself.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

HI everyone, I've just re found this site (I actually forgot I was already a member but never posted) and I'm looking to expand my heeled horizons. I'd really like to come to the meet. I would. BUT (you knew that was coming) I'm still so very nervous and hesitant. i'm sure you are all great guys and girls and no-one would ever know but this has been my secret for almost 16 years. I shared it with my wife and she dissaproves of my love of wearing heels so I still wear heels in secret as it was. Can I come along without heels? it would be nice perhaps just to meet other guys who love heels as I do. Speak soon. BUB

HI everyone,

I've just re found this site (I actually forgot I was already a member but never posted) and I'm looking to expand my heeled horizons.

I'd really like to come to the meet. I would. BUT (you knew that was coming) I'm still so very nervous and hesitant. i'm sure you are all great guys and girls and no-one would ever know but this has been my secret for almost 16 years. I shared it with my wife and she dissaproves of my love of wearing heels so I still wear heels in secret as it was.

Can I come along without heels? it would be nice perhaps just to meet other guys who love heels as I do.

Speak soon.

BUB

Bub,

You are most welcome to come in flats, even sneakers if that's what you feel comfortable with.

We tend to accept people for who they are on the inside, not what they wear on the outside. So if you bring a nice smile, a friendly demeanor, and a good attitude, I'm sure the others will appreciate the risk you undertook to visit with us.

On a side note, I'd suggest you bring a pair of heels in a bag with you. You never know how bold you can be in the presence of other like supportive heelers until you try it.

Why not just pop along for a couple of hours or so, I see you live fairly local... I'd put a sign up saying that I was going to open later...

Why not just pop along for a couple of hours or so, I see you live fairly local... I'd put a sign up saying that I was going to open later...

i have no idea what this means!!! LOL!!!

oooohhhh! I'm so in two minds STILL!!!

Ok, sod it. I'll come along.

I'm really loving this forum. Thanks to all who post here, tis really helping me and my feelings get sorted out!

SEE YOU SATURDAY! (but maybe not in heels! I promise to bring some though!)