World Heel Meet 2009: London, *DATE CHANGE* Saturday Feb. 21 2009

kneehighs

It looks like Calv and I will be coming to the 'do' next year.

The plan is to use the weekend in London primarily as a holiday, but we will drop into the Miller on Saturday.

I'm afraid that 'Torture Garden' isn't our thing, so we might organise something else for Saturday eve.

We're up for a block booking at a hotel if that can be managed on this occasion. I.m hoping to do a little shopping this time, never got to do any last time.

Calv might be limited to the weekend, but I may appear in London on Thursday.

Xa

I be up for going to see a west end show on Saturday evening. It would be also good if we could also have a get together on the Sunday.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Calv and I will be coming to the 'do' next year.

The plan is to use the weekend in London primarily as a holiday, but we will drop into the Miller on Saturday.

I'm afraid that 'Torture Garden' isn't our thing, so we might organise something else for Saturday eve.

We're up for a block booking at a hotel if that can be managed on this occasion.

Calv might be limited to the weekend, but I may appear in London on Thursday.

Xa

That is absolutely fantastic news! I am sincerely looking forward to seeing you again on our fourth annual encounter.

As far as apartment rentals are concerned, the service called outlet4holidays.com specializes in apartment rentals located in Soho. I have used their service twice now and have been totally satisfied each time. They specialize in apartments in central Soho!

At this moment, iloveboots and LovesHiHeels are also in the market for a roommate for the weekend. Perhaps you guys want to start talks amongst yourselves about potential apartment shares.

As far as night life events go, iloveboots is in the know about a "light" fetish club. If anyone has questions about the club, your questions will be best answered by directing them to iloveboots. Attendance is obviously not mandatory. I'm sure I'll know about some parties involving the local fashion crowd as well.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Xa

As far as I know there is no event at Torture Garden this week-end, which is a disappointment for me :winkiss:, but what I understand so has iloveboots some other place in mind.

Hi Admirer5577, Yes, we have what appears to be a very promising fetish fashion event that night we can link into. i am working with Sue (the organizer) now to line us up to be involved. it is a much smaller type club with only 75 to 100 patrons. Will have more info shortly. Glad to see you asking....does this indicate you're attending the meet! Hope so, would not be the same without you. Cheers, David

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

We would love to come and play but unfortunately we are in Cypress for that week returning back at heathrow on the 28th at 20:45 just a touch too late.:w00t2: also we have the older kids (19 and 22) with us who are total mercenary's and any excuss for extra outings they stick like glue!!! Unless anything gets organised for the sunday we AnneV and myself will have to pass sadly Al

Hi Everyone.... my flights are booked (arrive friday am feb 20) and staying until tuesday, feb 24. Also have booked an apartment suite that can sleep up to 4, even 6 for a single night. It is central in Soho on Old Compton Street, easy walk to Oxford St; Leicester sq; etc. I have paid for the room for the 4 nights. Let me if you want to use the apartment, it was $125UKL per night (all taxes and booking fees included), so if we get 3 more people to share you are looking at 30UKL per person. We can settle up in London when you arrive. David

highestheels--

That's great news! I sincerely look forward to meeting you in person.

Information on the meet can be found at the following link:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-2-21&e=16&c=1

iloveboots and myself will most likely be sharing a couple of apartments with other forum members, which will likely be located in central Soho.

Scott,

We'll always make room for you.

David

I wouldn't know until early in the year, so I could always squeeze in, if/where possible, and sleep on the floor. Is this possible? I mean, if I won't know until all the beds are taken??

Thanks,

Scott

I be in London early Friday. I am sharing an apartment with Iloveboots. I need to find a good cobblers as I have a pair of platform which need the straps made longer and the buckles are starting to come apart. I also need to find a shop that, sells Kilts for the nightclub Saturday.Is there any other fetish shops that are worth checking out.

Hello All I am new to this group but have been wearing heels in secret for years. I've just started wearing heels out but only later in the evening when less people are around so I'd love to come to the Heel Meet and spens the entire day in heels. Should I just arrive at the miller or do I need to book a ticket?

Hello All

I am new to this group but have been wearing heels in secret for years.

I've just started wearing heels out but only later in the evening when less people are around so I'd love to come to the Heel Meet and spens the entire day in heels.

Should I just arrive at the miller or do I need to book a ticket?

Just arrive to The Miller. You don't need to book a ticket. We do order a buffet meal from them though and ask participants to contribute a small sum somewhere in the range from 6-10 pounds. The food is delicious.

After organizing more heel meets than anyone else in hhplace.org history, my recommendation to you as a first-timer would be to bring a change of shoes with you to The Miller. Wear flats to The Miller if you like and bring your heels in a bag. Then change when inside. If you feel confident, you are always welcome to join the others as they embark on various shopping or tourist activities.

We welcome your presence and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact either myself or iloveboots.

Just to make matters clear, in case anyone else is still wondering, the World Heel Meet Date is now on Saturday, Feb. 21st.

It used to be scheduled for Feb. 28th, but now it is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 21st. at The Miller from 10:30 - 17:00.

And just to add to Kneehighs note, the Miller will be open at 10:30am on Saturday, Feb 21....and as Bladerunner reminded me, a few folks showed up last year and were unaware of the side entrance doors being the doors that are open. NOTE well everyone who is attending, the doors that are open are the side doors where the picnic tables are, not the front doors. The Miller does not open the front doors as the Pub is open only for our event and they don't want general patrons wandering in.

Many of us actually stop in for a morning coffee at the Starbuck's just down the street from the Miller before the Miller opens, probably be Starbuck's around 10am in case you are not sure where you're heading. We'll add this info to the main into on the calendar update.

David

Just to make matters clear, in case anyone else is still wondering, the World Heel Meet Date is now on Saturday, Feb. 21st.

It used to be scheduled for Feb. 28th, but now it is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 21st. at The Miller from 10:30 - 17:00.

Hi Kneehighs, Barring the unforseen (like getting a short-notice Jazz gig which is unlikely in February), I'll be there for the day, and possibly a day or two before. Are you compiling an updatably current list of who is coming? Folks attending (and especially those from overseas), post here and let me know if you need a list of cheap-but-decent London hotels and phone numbers. I'd be please to post them on this thread. Cheers, Heelfan (from England - frequent visitor to London)

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan--for a current list of probable and possible attendee's, go to this thread, read who voted probable or possible for themself, and please leave your vote in the poll too, thanks.