The Happy Feats of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

I am finally following through on my threat to start an adventures thread. It seems a bit narcissistic, but if you can't be self absorbed on the Internet, where can you be! I recently had two pretty exciting outings. Last Wednesday, I got out of work a little early and the weather was fairly nice so I decided to take advantage. I wore a silk tee shirt, my black velvet sports coat, Lane Bryant trouser cut jeans, and my Nine West "Lucero" black pumps. I really didn't have too much of a choice in which shoes to wear becuase I ordered my trousers in long and even with 4 1/2" heels, they are still a touch too long. First, I stopped by a diner to have an early dinner. To my suprise, it was full and most of the people there were college age women skipping another day of dorm food. They were pretty animated and fun to watch while we stood in line. Nearly every one of them glanced down at my feet, but didn't have any reaction. If they did, it may have been wondering why this guys pants are so long. I got my order and set at a table outside, ate, and left. I went to the mall to see if any new arrivals had come in at Bandolino. I had been to this store many times before, tried on shoes and even bought a few. For the first time at this store, the clerk was sombody who had waited on me before. She grreted me, walked over to this great pair of suede booties and told me that I had to try them on. She went to the back and I picked out a couple of other pair for her to get while I tried them. They were wonderful! As I walked around the store with them, she came back with my others and she tld me she bought those the day they came in the store. I contnued to try on shoes, other customers came and went, but the clerk kept bringing me shoes. Another customer she had been working with came in and decided to buy a pair she had been looking at earlier. The other customer was going to a wedding this weekend, had bought a dress and brought it in to match the shoes. We were setting back to back on the bench while we were trying on shoes, and I held up a shoes (a brown mid heel pump) that I had tried and recommended that she should try it. She told me that she had tried them and they were the ones she was leaning twoard buying. She said she just wished the heel was a bit higher for the dress and I agreed, but she said she would get a lot of wear out of them. After the clerk checked out the other customer, we were alone in the store. I told her that I was going to wait before I bought any more shoes ( they were still full price and the second pair discount was only 20% off) and she told me that every Monday they get new styles in and I should come back next week. Then she asked me if I had thier business card and got me one, writing her name in bold ink in the back. She said just call, ask for her and she would tell me if anything comes in. Now, I can be a dillusional old man, but there was a bit of tension in the air. She introduced her self, shook my hand and it seemed to last just a bit longer than normal. I was so tempted to ask if she wanted to grab a coffee after work, but I choked. I said I would be back, and I will. I also plan on seeing if she wants to grab that coffee. I browsed Macy's, Banana Republic, and the bookstore (kicking myslef for being such a coward) and left the mall. I stopped at the Nine West outlet on the way home. I had been to this store as well, and the same clerk was working this time as the previous time I was there. She asked how I was doing and if I liked the sling backs I bought on my previous visit were good. I told her they were quite comfortable. I browsed for a while, even recomending a pair of suede pumps to another customer (she was a bit taken aback by me trying on heels, but she bought them). After a while I started talking to the clerk, but nticed she was wearing a wedding set. She is new to the area and we talked about some local suriosities she should see and other personal small talk. She told me that the store didn't have too much in 11, because that's what she wears. I told her that we should trade shoes sometime and she was pretty excited about it, especially after seeing that I was wearing Luceros and I told her that I have them in red patent as well. After that, she and I went around the store and tried on matching shoes. In fact, the store closed while I was there. She talked me into buying a pair of leopard print pumps that she was buying, but she couldn't sell me on the red platform pumps (that I WILL buy eventually) that she had bought to wear out that weekend. It was a pretty remarkable experience, to say the least. Since this post is growing a bit long, I will spare everybody Friday's outing until another time. Since I am newly single (again) and very confident in wearing heels, I plan to do everything I can to flirt and find a date with a woman who loves a guy in heels! Even if the likely senerio is that they firt to make sales, but I will find out with the Bandolino woman, for sure.

post-5655-133522868453_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522868456_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

You needn't have cut it short on our behalf, you tell a positive and engaging tale of your day in heels. As that's what we're all here for, whether it be to gain courage from your experiences or just to enjoy a good read, you provided it HF. Thanks for the story. More soon please

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Quite an interesting outing you had, HappyFeat. One that made for great reading. I admire you for your fascinating escapades. By the by, cool shoes! There's nothing sexier than plain black pumps! Many thanks for sharing!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Now for Friday's outing... I usually don't work on Fridays. My plan is always to get caught up on housework or some other mundane task, but the Autumn weather here in the eastern U.S. has been so wonderful it is hard to stay inside. When I got out of the shower, I looked at my feet and decided that I desperately needed a pedicure, so I decided to go find one. I put on a sweater, a pair of Lane Bryant boot cut jeans, knee highs, and my new Nine West "Geranium" loafers and headed out the door. I haven't been able to get into the place I normally have gone. They have canceled my appointments twice, so I didn't figure I would actually get an appointment anywhere as a walk in. I stopped by one shop and made an appointment for Sunday. I know they noticed my shoes when I walked in, but didn't do much more than look down and smile. Not ready to give up, I went to a day spa near my house. I usually only go to this place if I am desperate because they tend to cater to the "society" type people in my city. The hostess was quite nice and told me if I could wait they could get me in for an "express" in about 10 minutes. I waited in their coffee house, set in an easy chair and crossed my legs while reading the paper. Eventually, the stylist came and took me to the pedicure room. At this place, the pedicure room is quite open with about 10 chairs lined up against the wall in full view of the rest of the salon. It is not relaxing or intimate, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I pulled off my shoes and stockings, and soaked my feet. The girl doing my toes may have said five word the whole time. Usually, I have a nice banter with stylists, but not today. She seemed more interested in talking to the other stylists than me. The advantage of this establishment is that all of the stylists dress quite nicely and ALL wear heels. One young woman was wearing Christian Loubaton boots! Another stylist had a very sexy pair of sling backs and was wearing fairly thick socks with them. The look really worked on her. Other than seeing some nice shoes and getting my feet in order, it was not that great of an experience. However, it was the first time I have ever worn heels to get a pedicure. Another first! I went out for lunch then browsed the bookstore. A bunch of new photography books had come in and I grabbed a few, found a chair and skimmed through them. I had noticed a rather cute blonde working when I came in made it a goal to ask her for help. But when I went to check out, she was gone. I will go back of course. After getting my book on using filters, I went to my favorite Lane Bryant store. I have written a lot about this store in previous posts. This is the store where I got hooked to their jeans. In fact the clerk told me that she hadn't even noticed that I was wearing heels when she asked to measure me for jeans. A few weeks back, I had bought a few new pair of trousers and had a nice time talking to another clerk, who I actually did ask out. (boyfriend) This was the first time I was back in the store since then. I picked out a couple pair of sale pants and a pair of capris. I chatted with the clerks and asked to try on my selections. The capris were a bit too baggy, so I came out and asked the clerk who fitted me for the jeans how they looked. I still had my knee highs on, which really looked more like tights with the pants. There were several customers in the store at the time, all of which took notice of me, ALL who smiled with approval. She said they didn't really work for me and tried to find them in another size. I went back to the dressing room and was putting back on my clothes when the clerk brought me another pair in a different size. She waited outside while I changed and asked me if I wanted fitted for a bra! I told her that I really didn't have use for one and she asked if I wanted to see her's. As any red blooded man would do if offered to see a woman's bra would say, "Hell, yea!" I stepped out of the dressing room and she lifted her shirt and it was a very nice bra. I grabbed my items and headed to the register. We talked a lot about her bra, her background, etc. She used the "boyfriend" word, so I didn't bother asking her out. Its bad luck to get shot down twice in the same store...:smile: She did ask me if it bother me shopping with overweight women. Of course it doesn't bother me, but I told her I am surprised that women aren't bothered shopping with me. Her reply was that she never thought of that! I took that to mean that in here mind a guy wearing heels and women's jeans is far from out of the ordinary. Heeling has certainly brought me experiences that I would have never had otherwise! Another exciting day, to say the least.

post-5655-133522868476_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522868478_thumb.jpg

Happyfeat:-) An outstanding day out in heels with what seems to be a lot of positive things to follow-up on in the future. Congrats and more power to you. It was a very interesting reading and I didn't mind the length a bit. Tell us more and good luck when you scout around for a pardner who likes men who wear heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Great experience, HappyFeat! Thanks. Judging from the picture of you wearing your heels, they're so inconspicuous that it's no wonder that you didn't get any reaction. Nice shoes, by the way :-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Judging from the picture of you wearing your heels, they're so inconspicuous that it's no wonder that you didn't get any reaction. Nice shoes, by the way :-)

Yea, they are pretty discreet at that. The loafer/pump is one of my favorite styles and in my opinion perfect for a guy.

I bought those at the Nine West outlet in my first post in this thread, as well as a pair of fabric leopard print pumps (not really my style) with a kitten heel. The clerk talked me into the latter pair. When I was checking out she said "one practical pair, one fun pair." I like the idea of a guy have "practical" heels. Kind of a new twist on heeling.

HappyFeat, One of your posts mentioned photography books. Is that you hobby? Film or digital? What camera do you have? What heels have you taken pictures of? (to satisfy the moderators- smile)

One of your posts mentioned photography books. Is that you hobby? Film or digital? What camera do you have? What heels have you taken pictures of? (to satisfy the moderators- smile)

Yes photography is a bit of a hobby of mine. I am currently into film and mostly I prefer to work with black and white. I have a darkroom and occasionally process my own film. Right now, the cameras I use are Canon AE-1 Program (I have three of them) but I am looking for a good medium format camera. I also do digital, but really don't have a good digital outfit as of yet.

As for taking pictures of heels- yes I have. Here is a sample of my work. It is a study of a Nine West red patent "Gaffer" pump from when I was testing a 50mm Macro lens with various colored filters. I started the project and want to revisit it, so it is a work in progress.

post-5655-133522868547_thumb.jpg

post-5655-13352286855_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522868554_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522868557_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522868565_thumb.jpg

I had another brief but fulfilling outing tonight. I had a really horrible day at work and decided that a bit of heeling and retail therapy was in order. I wore a cream Clayborne Mock Neck sweater, black Lane Bryant "Lafayette" trousers, a double breasted suit jacket, sheer black nylons, and Nine West "Gilman" sling backs. Part of my goal is to meet Ms. Right while I am heeling. Maybe just get some dates. Frankly, I know its a long shot, but nothing else has seemed to work, so I might as well try. So, in some ways I am trying to catch eyes and look for reactions. But the more I go out, the better I feel and I think I look really great in heels. On with the recap... After changing and heading out, I went went out to eat and did some work on my computer. The place was crowded and I tried to set in a fairly conspicuous place. There were several people around me and even though I was eating and working, I was paying close attention to the people around me. Several of them were attractive women who had caught my eye. I was determined to approach any of them who made more than a casual glance, but I didn't notice even as much as a single double take. However, I did get a fair amount of work done. I headed to the mall to see if the woman I had met a Bandolino was working. I am determined to ask her out the next time I am in the store when she is working. However, when I passed the store there was another young girl working and I decided to not go in. I am sure that a guy wearing heels, shopping for heels would get back and I don't want to appear to forward. She did give me a card with her name on it so I could call and see what new styles have come in, so I figure I will just do that, find out when she is working and make a trip to see her then. I did go to Aldo and looked around. I found some cool styles, but the sizes were not right. The clerk did bring me 10 equivelants and told me they could be ordered, but I have such a hard time with Aldo shoes that it is a must that I get the right size in the store. While I was shopping a woman was trying on boot, and I chatted with her. She was married, and we had a nice time as she modeled boots and I made suggestions. She did buy the ones I suggested. That made me kind of proud. When I left the mall, I walked through Macy's. I had two strange encounters. One was with a very good looking, stylish African American man who was about 30. He looked at me, then did a double take at my shoes. He gave me a really nice smile and noded yes with approval. The second was as I was heading out the door. A female Macy's employee in her 50's was talking to a male Macy's employee. She looked right at my shoes and waited for me to pass. I knew she saw my shoes and I followed her out of the corner of my eye. I saw her cup her hand a whisper to the guy. When I ot to he door, she was rubber necking and the guy could have cared less. Frankly, that is my least favorate reaction- acting like an eight year old with a secret. Of course, my final stop was at Nine West- the same store I was in last weeks as well where I stayed until well after closing trying on shoes with the manager. Though I did my best to NOT spend any money, there were these killer shoes there that I knew I couldn't drive by the store without buying. When I walked into the store, the manager was quite glad to see me and said "I know why you are here," went and grabbed the red "jenneto" pumps. I said, she was right but wanted to see if there was anything else. She said, "I bet you want the blue ones too." Her memory of the shoes that I liked was astounding even though I tried on so many pairs. Basically, she said that the shoes that I would like are the ones she likes. In fact, she got three pair that she bought recently for me to try on. She really likes me in peep toes and colors she said. She tried to sell me a pair of red boots, that alas I am sure that i will buy them very soon. When I was leaving, she told me that she was eventually going to sell me a purse as well. Part of me knows that she is selling me, but part of me thinks she likes my style as well. Ironically, she and I wear the same size...or at least very close. I was teasing here saying we should trade shoes sometime. She thought I was kidding, but I am going to be weeding the collection in the near future and I told her not to be suprised if I show up with a bag with a few in my collection. After leaving with two new pair of shoes (gasp!) I called it a night. I plan on getting out again very, very soon. And this time in red shoes.

post-5655-13352286892_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522868922_thumb.jpg

I'm (finally) looking to go digital. By Christmas, I'll have a digital SLR camera. Still trying to decide between Nikon and Canon.

Great pics, BTW!

I am a Canon guy. But choosing a camera brand is a little personal, so I won't try to convince you...:winkiss:

Today, I had a job interview in Pittsburgh. I actually seriously considered wearing heels, but at the last minute decided not to. They wouldn't have been terribly obvious anyway and actually matched my suit quite well. I really didn't want the job, but I did apply, so I figured that I would not turn it into a social experiment. But maybe next time... After the interview (which did go well), I changed into my Lane Bryant flare jeans, and my Clayborn navy blue velvet jacket to go with my white french cuff dress shirt I wore to the interview. I wore nylons under my suit in case I decided to wear heels, so I was set. I topped off the outfit with my new red Nine West "Jenneto" platform pumps. I was determined to make a statement today and really didn't care what reaction I got. Since I basically had the rest of the day off, I decided to go to the Warhol, a museum dedicated to the work of Andy Warhol, who was grew up in Pittsburgh. I figured if I wanted to wear bold heels, where else would be a better place to do it than in the shrine to the founder of the Velvet Underground, pop art, and rather ambiguous gender boundaries. I am sure I was not the first guy to tour the museum in heels. The museum is in an old industrial building and is seven stories of high ceilings and concrete floors. You take the elevator to the top and move down a floor at a time. I spent about three hours in the museum. Being a Thursday afternoon, it was pretty slow, which I anticipated. However, I was hoping to find a stray woman or two that I might talk to. I am attracted to artistic types anyway, so I figured wearing heels in Andy's museum would be a great conversation starter. What I didn't count on was the concrete floors, which was kind of hard on the feet in brand new leather shoes! But the acoustics were kind of cool, my every step echoed in the old building. There was no doubt that I was wearing heels - red or not. Every floor had a docent, and I was hoping that there would be a woman or two on duty - but not today! Seven floors, all guys. Bummer. However everybody in the museum saw my shoes today. The coolest reaction I got today was after I left the museum. It was about 3:30 and the afternoon traffic was beginning to pick up. I was crossing the street to go to my car when a woman in an SUV waved me on to cross the street. Needless to say, after being on my feet for 3 hours, I really wasn't in any condition to run, so I just strolled across traffic. I looked up at her and she was staring at my shoes and gave me a "thumbs up" and a smile! I want to attract a bit of positive attention, but don't want to cause a traffic accident. Besides in Pittsburgh, people in traffic usually use a different finger when expressing their opinions. Since I still had some time, looked good, felt great, and being a bit ballsy, I decided that I had to stop at Bandolino and ask the manager I talked to out for coffee. There was no way I was going to let my confidence level go to waste. I wasn't even sure if she was working, but I was on a mission. So I drove to the mall. I was very pleased to see she was working, but today she was not alone. The other clerk was a very nice young woman, but when I ask somebody out, I do hate an audience. The manager greeted me warmly, but not overly so. She told me since last week they only had gotten one new style in - a very cute bootie and I was disappointed when she said that it didn't come in an 11. I didn't want to rush out of the store because it really wasn't the shoes that I was there for, so I asked about a simple black 2 1/2" Mary Jane. She went and found a pair in an 11 took them out of the box and handed them to me. After I slipped them on, and they felt so low after the shoes I had been wearing, she came around and said they just look to "basic" on me. That's when she saw my shoes! With a not of excitement in her raised voice, she said "I LOVE THOSE SHOES!" I told her where I got them a and modeled them for me. She then went and got me a couple of other pairs as her "recommendations" and brought them out. I tried them and modeled them for her and the other girl. Somehow, the other girl hadn't seen my shoes I wore in. SO I showed them to her. And again, excitement, "I LOVE THOSE SHOES!" and we all three started talking about my red pumps. I asked if they were getting more 11's in and she said they sell a lot of 11's. I asked her if I was they only guy and she said that they have quite a few guys, including a guy who works at another store in the mall who buys all of his shoes there. The next time I go to the mall heeling, I am going to see if I can find one of our brethren. I told her that I could sometimes wear a 10, because I have a narrow heel, but need an 11 for the width. I showed her how my heel comes loose in the back of my shoe. She told me to wait as she ran to the back. She brought me out "shoe halters" and "heel grips." I had never heard of these, though I am sure that lots of you guys have, so please fill me in on your experience with them. She took my shoe, showed me how to used them and I set down and tired them. She gave me about pairs of each and told me that if I like them they get them all of the time. That was it. For me, this was going a bit beyond customer service. I think she may like me. I have only bought four pair of shoes in this store in the last 10 or so visits, so it isn't like I am a great customer. She isn't making a sale today and knows it. She may actually like me! Audience or no, I asked her if she would like to have coffee sometime. Her response was an excited, yet calm "yea, sure." She told me that she couldn't go right now because she couldn't leave the store with a part-timer, but I wasn't expecting that anyway. I told her that I would call Monday, ask what new styles have come in and arrange it for next week. She said that would be great. I thanked her and left the store, my heels no even touching the ground. Now, a friend of mine is a Lesbian. She told me that when women aske her to get a drink, go to lunch, or get coffee, she is never sure if it is a date or just a drink, lunch, or coffee. I guess I am in the same dilemma. However, I will play like its just coffee and see what happens. Though I will wear great date shoes for sure. Though I still had a few hours to heel, I was feeling like I had done what I needed to and headed home. A whole new chapter in my heeling life seems about to unfold. My first date (or coffee, or whatever) wearing heels!

post-5655-133522868975_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522868976_thumb.jpg

HappyFeat... Congratulations on your outings in high heels. After looking at your pictures, you and I share a similar taste in combining our favorite fashion with our high heels. I had a similar experience at our art museum. My stiletto high heels clicked on the tile floor and drew more attention to my shoes that the art. I thouroughly enjoy your stories of your outings and they inspire me to go more and different places wearing my favorite clothes and especially my favorite high heels. I am so glad that you had such great outings and it sounds like you had fun and enjoyed your days in high heels in public. You are an inspiration to us all and you look great in those high heels. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us and please continue to do so!:winkiss:

I told her that I could sometimes wear a 10, because I have a narrow heel, but need an 11 for the width. I showed her how my heel comes loose in the back of my shoe. She told me to wait as she ran to the back. She brought me out "shoe halters" and "heel grips." I had never heard of these, though I am sure that lots of you guys have, so please fill me in on your experience with them. She took my shoe, showed me how to used them and I set down and tired them. She gave me about pairs of each and told me that if I like them they get them all of the time...

HappyFeat, first, great account. Sounds like you have a great time everytime you go into that store, and especially interacting with the manager. I hope you can advance that. I couldn't exactly follow the end, did you end up buying a pair of shoes at that store? I'd hate to think in an effort to see the manager, you end up making a purchase every time you go there :winkiss:

Can you provide more details on the shoe halters? How do they feel, how much improvement did they provide, etc.? Coincidentally I just posted on the Perpetual Payless thread about my predicament: 12W being too tight, 13W being too big, in a 4" pump. The 13W's are comfortable, but my feet come out of the shoe when I walk in them. I thought my only option was to search for a 13 regular (unavailable for online ordering), but I'm wondering if these might do the trick for me.

Happyfeet, An excellent demonstration of the fact that it is the overall look that counts. Good choice of heel too. You demonstrate exactly that showing a sense of style markedly increases your attractiveness to women. Bravo to you. It would be interesting to hear her point of view on your fashion statement. Perhaps you would share that with us if you do get to have a coffee with her. You are following the SAS in as much as their motto is "Qui audet adipiscitur" or "Who Dares, Wins" Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

That's awesome! Good luck on getting to the next step with this girl! I usually resort to , "So what steps can we take to get together again......." or some version thereof, "so what steps can we take to have a dinner date someday?" This way, the next step seems like her idea... Good luck! Can't wait to hear more! And hopefully get to meet you in London!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Yo, HappyFeat! I had such a good time reading over your latest exploits and I must say that I'm truly impressed with how you've handled such a wide variety of settings you've worn heels in, not to mention the excellent taste you've shown in the shoes and outfits you wore in those settings. Terrfic work, my friend! You've certainly become quite the trailblazer, what with your sense of style and your boldness in going where you want and doing what you want in heels. Keep up the great work!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Today was one of those Autumn days that seem to be full of possibilities. I got lucky and got out of work a little early so I could enjoy it. Tomorrow looks to be an early day as well, and for me that means heeling at the moment! Since I found out that I had some time today and tomorrow, I called the Bandolino store that I was in last week to check with the manager if any new styles had come in. Of course, from my previous posts, it was really to follow up and see if she wanted to go out today or tomorrow. When I reached her, she was quite ill and could barely talk. I asked about a couple of styles and then asked if she was feeling up to it that we could get together during her break or something. Her illness aside, she was stuck at work nearly the entire time the store was open because she had no other full time workers and store policy required her to be there. Though after I got off the phone, I felt like a bit of an ass for even suggesting anything, being that she is sick and all, but I did want her to know that I am still interested. Anyway, it was a no go and I will call her back in a couple of weeks and ask again then. She said she should have another full time employee trained by then. Kind of made me want to apply for a job... Anyway, I headed out heeling. My outfit today was on the daring side - yellow sweater, denim trousers from Lane Bryant with a very wide leg, a sports coat (the pants have no pockets) and deep red Bandolino "Riana" platform peep toe pumps with a 4 1/2" heel. Based on my last outing in red pumps, I decided to add the peep toe aspect to it. I love to puch he envelope. Besides, if the Bandolino woman was able to go out, I wanted to be wearing Bandolino shoes! My first stop was to my bank's ATM. I just pulled up to the maching and one of the female bank employees had come out for a cigarette break. When I got to the machine she asked be about my car. I had just bought it new in December and she wanted to know if I liked it. We talked for maybe 10 minutes, she even got in the driver's seat to get a "feel." She never made any indication that she noticed my shoes, though she absolutly had to- come on they are RED PATENT LEATHER. It was a very cool experience. I drove to the Nine West store that I frequent on occasion. The manager there wears the same size as I do and I told her that I was going to be cleaning out my closet and I would bring her some shoes. She didn't believe me when I told her to expect a care package, so off I went with six pair of Nine West discards in a bag for her. She was pleasently suprised to say the least. Last week, I had tried on a pair of red ankle boots with a 4 inch stiletto heel that I just loved. In fact, the NW manager had said that she was going to sell me a pair of boots soon and had picked out those as the ones she wanted me to wear. (She also wants me to buy a purse, but said none of the styles she has in are worth recommending to me.) Not being a boot person, I was reluctant, but after trying them on they were a must have. So I decided to get them, but since they offer a second pair for half price, I always get the second pair. There weren't too many things in, but she started picking out shoes for me to try. She even pulled out a couple of 10s for me to model for her. The store was slow, but even when a new customer came in, she just kept bringing shoes to me. We talked about her experiences and how she came to be a shoe store manager, impossible customers, other male customers, and I kept trying on more and more shoes- mainly just so she could see me in them. I really love getting to play dress-up, especially in such a public open place! She told me how much she loves my pants, even reciting back to me each pair I had worn into the store (I think this is my 5th visit.) I told her they are from Lane Bryant, and she being a plus size herself, was quite familier with all of their styles, etc. I told her that we needed to go shopping together sometime (yea, she's married, but I am not necessarily looking for a girlfriend at this point in time.) The I found my second pair. Tall, black knee boots! I just fell in love at first sight. She had them in an 11 and I tired them on. When I pulled up my trouser leg, I appologized for not shaving, but she said its the fall, everybody's hairy. Once I put them on, she said that we do need to go shopping and get me a skirt to go with them. Well I checked out. I gave her my e-mail and told her to wrote of she didn't want the shoes I would come back and get them. I even bought some leather tratment for the blue suede pumps I bought before. We chatted a bit more and I headed out. I must have been in the store for nearly 2 hours! But I still wasn't ready to go home. Her suggestion of the skirt made me think that I shoul at least get a pair of crop pants or something. My new boots are jst too sexy to hide under pants. I stopped at the Lane Bryant outlet to browse. I was greeted at the door by the manager and she asked if I needed any help. I told her I was just browsing, but after a few minutes sked if they had any crop pants. She pulled a pair of gauchos from the rack and said that they were very popular, especially with boots. Well, I set down my Nine West shopping bag and pulled out my new boots. Her eyes got quite big and rehotorically asked if I had bought them at the same mall. I said yes and she should go see the NW manager and tell her that I sent her. Since they know each other she told me how great the MW manager is and that she needs to go try on the boots. She also told me that I needed to put the boots on to try on the gauchos and led me to a dressing room. I put on the boots and tried on the gauchos and was shocked at how great they looked! She came back to see and brought me a pair of crop pants and a black dress! I told her that I really didn't do dresses, but she insisted that I at least try it. Well the crop pants were devine, so I tried the dress. To my surprise, I think I could pull it off! She loved me in it, but I told her that I had no place to wear it and that I would have to pass. She kept pushing me, and I was tempted to say that if she would go out with me I would wear the dress, but didn't want to push it. Not yet at least. Anyway, she kept bringing me jeans, and pants, and even a few tops to model for her. Again, getting to play dress up is fun! But after another 90 minutes, I was getting a bit exhausted, so I told her that I would take the gauchos and the crop pants, but pass on the other items (including the dress.) When she was checking me out I said that we should get together sometime. She told me just to call the store, since she always seems to be there. On my way home, I called the Nine West store and told the manager that I bought bottoms for the boots and told the LB manager to come look at the boots. Again, I heard how cool the LB manager is, etc. (Its nice that everybody likes everybody). The good news is that the NW manager loved the shoes I brought her and is going to send me at least one pair of hers in return. I never dreamed that wearing women's clothes and heels would be such great fun! My regret is that I didn't get to this point when I was younger, but I am having so much fun now. The way things are going now, it looks like this could be a very fun fall! I am posting pictures of my outfit today. I do not yet have pictures of the new boots, but I will post them somewhere (as well as the new bottoms I bought today.)

post-5655-13352286913_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522869133_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522869135_thumb.jpg

Audience or no, I asked her if she would like to have coffee sometime. Her response was an excited, yet calm "yea, sure." She told me that she couldn't go right now because she couldn't leave the store with a part-timer, but I wasn't expecting that anyway. I told her that I would call Monday, ask what new styles have come in and arrange it for next week. She said that would be great. I thanked her and left the store, my heels no even touching the ground.

Now, a friend of mine is a Lesbian. She told me that when women aske her to get a drink, go to lunch, or get coffee, she is never sure if it is a date or just a drink, lunch, or coffee. I guess I am in the same dilemma. However, I will play like its just coffee and see what happens. Though I will wear great date shoes for sure.

I don't want to be the party-pooper here, but my experience is that bar tenders and sales personnel in stores are usually hard to date. They are always friendly, and they will go much further with respect to "dates" like your coffee meeting, as long as they keep you as the customer happy and make you come back. 90% of the time though, they have nothing more than that in mind when they do that. This %-age is higher than during other dates.

I don't want to be the party-pooper here, but my experience is that bar tenders and sales personnel in stores are usually hard to date. They are always friendly, and they will go much further with respect to "dates" like your coffee meeting, as long as they keep you as the customer happy and make you come back. 90% of the time though, they have nothing more than that in mind when they do that. This %-age is higher than during other dates.

As opposed to any other women? I see your point and do my best to be aware of "being sold," and don't expect to have a high rate of success; however, where do you get if you don't try? Also, they are NOT always friendly and I have plenty of experience reading levels of friendliness. Maybe we go out, maybe we don't. But in the end you get nowhere if you don't try. I guess it just helps me get through the day to think that there may be a genuine person out there who simply isn't seeing everybody as a mark.

Also, I HAVE been turned down more times than I care to admit, so I don't think people play nice just to get a sale. In fact, my brother once dated an exotic dancer for two years, and they are usually flirtatious with their customers as a rule.

I appreciate your advice, and agree with it on the surface, but I guess my intention is to just see how it goes. I am well past being disappointed if a date never happens.

Today was one of those Autumn days that seem to be full of possibilities. I got lucky and got out of work a little early so I could enjoy it. ...

Another great adventure story. Those pants, wow! Those have some serious flare on the bottom, I imagined a bootcut at most, but those are some absolutely wide bottom pants there. :winkiss:

Well, keep on having fun with it, and sharing your adventures as well. :nervous:

Another great adventure story. Those pants, wow! Those have some serious flare on the bottom, I imagined a bootcut at most, but those are some absolutely wide bottom pants there. :nervous:

Well, keep on having fun with it, and sharing your adventures as well. :sad:

I know...they aren't for everybody and who knows they may not even flatter me well, but hey, I like 'em. :winkiss:

I am really in the mood to "push the envelope" at the moment, I guess.

Happyfeat:-) You may be pushing the envelope, but you certainly are in the groove and being quite successful at it. Your outfits are well thought-out and fit well with the shoes you choose to wear with them. Keep up the good work. I am enjoying reading of your heeling adventures. You mentioned visiting the Warhol Museum which is one of 4 museums under the Carnegie banner here in Pittsburgh. I work in one of the Carnegie museums also. I run the Miniature Railroad and Village at the Carnegie Science Center on the north shore right next to where they are building a new Casino. I work there on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We are shut down for Fall maintenance now, but reopen the day after Thanksgiving for the Holidays. If you visit there sometime, just ask for "Engineer" Don. I am enjoying the pics that you post of your heels and like your "work in progress" ones. Keep your adventurous stories coming. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!