Influenced by High Heel Place?

Amanda

I'm genuinely trying to think of ways I have been influenced. At most I think I have probably become more confident in wearing more daring styles, but I'm not sure if that's to do with HHP or not. For example I'm probably gonna get a pair of Loubie plumes for Christmas and I would never have done that before. What about you Amanda?

Omg, Loubie plumes! Roz who's buying them for you?. How have I been influenced?. I’ve seen and heard about shoes here that I simply had to have and spent hours sometimes searching for. I think I’ve felt less concerned about indulging my passion for shoes and have let myself off the hook more easily when it comes to justifying some of my purchases. I’ve bought and worn heels higher than I would have felt comfortable wearing before, pushing my boundaries so to speak. I’ve definitely had my eye opened to the fact that some men share the same passion for buying and wearing heels and I’ve come to understand why that is (or at least I think I do). I also think that having read about some of their experiences has helped me to confront some of my own self conscious public high heel moments. I’ve also found an excuse to have a break from work sometimes for a quick browse and have made some friends, one of whom definitely had an influence on me.

• Like 1

My sister Cait is going to get those Louboutins in time for Christmas. I have no idea from where tho because I haven't ever seen a pair in real life. Sounds like your experiences of being influenced by HHP are similar to mine. I can't work out whether they're a direct influence of the site or whether I was heading that way anyway.

I think your post may get deleted jwhite44 as you're posting in the girls' section but it's an interesting point (the difference between men and women wearing heels in public - men have the difference of flat and heels, while women have the difference of low heels and high heels which is not such a big deal if I understand correctly) so I'll answer. I don't expect anything up to 4" to ever get a reaction, but when I am 5" and higher I quite often get comments. I was wearing 6 inchers before I joined this site, but I have worn platforms and quite audatious shoes since joining that I never have done before. I agree that this still doesn't compare with a guy making the choice to actually wear heels full stop, but the higher the heel the more people look and the more people will comment. It is never a negative thing for me, and for me 6"+ heels are something I have drifted into from wearing 4 inchers and working my way up from there. I guess for a guy to wear heels out in public it has to be an instantaneous decision.

Yes. After reading and seeing the types of shoes you girls are wearing, and the height of some of the heels, I have become more (slightly) more daring in my shoe choices. In the past, 4 inch heels were my limit. I now have one pair that have 5 inch heels. These also happen to be my hidden platform shoes. I didn't have any platforms before coming to this site.

• 2 weeks later...

id have to saymy thinking has definitly been influenced by this place i learned how to repair the tips from here.. also.. before joining i wasnt really comfortable in anything over 2 1/2 inches, now im not comfortable in anything under 4.. also they used to come off the moment i get home.. now sometimes they do, but sometimes they stay on and i even wear them to bed after one girl suggested it and i found i enjoy it -hugs ester- i guess thanks to this place they are something i love alot more than i used to!

I think I have I live in Central London and always wore flats (only wore heels when on a night out) as people always said that I was being a bit vain/fancied myself wearing heels (especially high heels). So I always wore flats so I blended in However this summer the platform shoes were in full force and I found myself buying and buying however everything I had been told previously kind of stopped me as I thought I was the only woman bar celebrities wearing high heeled shoes in London Till I found this site and now I am just being myself and do not really give a toss what anyone says behind my back anymore. Nor do I care when women come over to me and tut tut or give me disapproving glances I think some women associate heel (especially 3inch and above) wearing with being slutty, being an attention seeker

• 9 months later...

That's the spirit, you have to rise above them, they're only jealous anyway.

You have to adopt the attitude that their jealousy is flattering.

:)

Till I found this site and now I am just being myself and do not really give a toss what anyone says behind my back anymore. Nor do I care when women come over to me and tut tut or give me disapproving glances

Yes, I just love talking to other women and guys about what heels you wear ,what others think and the shoes you like.Ive had a passion for heels as long as I have been wearing them. I do appreciate talking to everyone on this sight

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Have you been influenced in any way since having become a member of this community?.

Haha, yeah. To keep on wearing high heels. It's obvious heels are catching on and sexy as ever. Found out that there lots of ways to wear heels too.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

I can't think of any major ways in which HHplace has influenced my life or footwear preferences. I noticed I've been wearing heeled boots to college more often rather than flats. I think I started something off, because about 2 weeks after being a regular boot wearer, larger numbers of girls started wearing boots, very similar to mine into college as well :P It's great to know you may have started off a craze.

Doesn't it feel good to be leading a trend instead of following a trend? :)

Is your campus really big? How high are the heels you wear when on campus? Do you have to walk a lot between classes?

• 2 weeks later...

High Heel Place has fed my preoccupation with boots and shoes. I now feel a lot less guilty about spending money on them. It doesn't feel so indulgent spending, say, £50 on a cute pair of shoes if I'm in the company of like minded people who spend the equivalent of hundreds! You're all a bad influence on me and are getting me into bad habits! Alexa

At first, I thought wearing 3 inch heels to work everyday might have been over kill but after seeing what people like Leigh, Karen, Alexa, Cinnamon wear, well, I will have to work harder to improve my skills on heels as I plan to wear these 3 inch heels even more!

I don't think I've been influenced by HHP but Once I joined I exchanged messages with a few other members, and one of them has become a long-term 'penfriend'. I hope I've influenced other women who see and admire my shoes, but I can't be sure - except for my Hubby, who began wearing increasingly high shoes when she started fancying me! It was my legs, short leather skirts, furs and stilettos that made her notice me at first, long before I had any idea she was interested in me. We now have a vast collection of, you've guessed, leather skirts (all lengths), as well as suits, trousers and coats, and of course, stilettos! Best of all is when we go out dressed alike, and with, ideally, identical or very similar shoes, it really gets us noticed! We've also influenced her girls (she's a lesbian mother) who love our shoes and are often to be seen in heels too. Let's hope it will encourage another generation to continue the tradition of wearing such an elegant, stylish, sensual and sexy style.

Anna Louise, it sounds like you've got a great wardrobe in your closet at home. I wish I had as many leather skirts as you do. Regarding your longer leather skirts, when you wear them, do you tend to wear lower heels with them since the skirt to an extent hides your heels? Also, what sort of shoe do you wear with the longer skirts, boots, pumps, sandals or does it make any difference to you?

Yes, I'd agree with Anna Louise - sometimes it feels like I'm a kind of ambassador for high heels, or especially in my case, platforms. I think the key thing is to wear them with enjoyment and take pleasure in them and that helps to convince other people to try them too. I've even had people who're dedicated to wearing the most unaesthetic flat contraptions say they like my shoes. To which I usually respond that they should get some of their own, even if it's just to play with occasionally. Spread the fun! Alexa

So true Alexa & Anne Louise. If you can look good, why don't you?

We go through the effort to do facials, put on eye liner, mascara and make our hair look nice. Then we put in the effort to follow fashion and select the nicest outfits. Why not finish the outfit with a nice pair of pumps or boots?

It takes some effort for me to wear such high heels out everyday as it forces me to wear fur lined padded boots everyday but I think it is worth the effort as I end up looking great and everyone around me notices how good I look and how good my posture is :wave:

That's so true, Heidi, that such a lot of effort is put into the whole look, only to spoil it by the choice of shoes. I see so many women at formal events who have obviously gone to a lot of trouble, and expense, to look their best but seem to have no idea of the importance of their choice of shoes. Heels, even quite low ones, can make such a difference to every style of outfit. But beware of wearing anything much higher than you can easily manage! We've all seen, I'm sure, girls and women struggling with 4" or even higher heels when it's obvious that they usually wear little higher than flip-flops. They hobble along, picking their way around obstacles, and are plainly ill at ease. If they feel inspired to wear beautiful shoes why on earth don't they parctise a bit in them before going out in public?!

I think I have been influenced quite a bit. I will admit that I have a bit of a shoe fetish and I had some unhealthy prejudices against it. I wore flats most of the time out of guilt and some unhealthy need to fit in at the office. Well, after a year of lurking on this site I have begun to feel better about myself and I am wearing heels regularly again... very regularly. I even enjoy that awkward feeling I get when I try to wear flats for the first time in a week. :wave: I am not sure how much of what goes on here is real, but I don't care. A lot of good advice can be found.

That's so true, Heidi, that such a lot of effort is put into the whole look, only to spoil it by the choice of shoes. I see so many women at formal events who have obviously gone to a lot of trouble, and expense, to look their best but seem to have no idea of the importance of their choice of shoes. Heels, even quite low ones, can make such a difference to every style of outfit. But beware of wearing anything much higher than you can easily manage! We've all seen, I'm sure, girls and women struggling with 4" or even higher heels when it's obvious that they usually wear little higher than flip-flops. They hobble along, picking their way around obstacles, and are plainly ill at ease. If they feel inspired to wear beautiful shoes why on earth don't they parctise a bit in them before going out in public?!

I have seen it both ways. Where a nice dress is spoiled by flip flops. I have also seen people try too hard by wearing sandals with too high heel and after wearing their high heel sandals for a little while, they end up removing their sandals and just going bare foot with their nice dress :wave:

• 1 year later...