Ballet Heels

Jezebel

What do you feel about ballet heels?  

562 members have voted

1. 1. What do you feel about ballet heels?

• I love them and wear them!
    • I like how they look on others but don't wear them myself.
    • I don't really care for them.

Those are the same as the thigh high zip up boots I just got. I actually got them to give me a good price ($395) for a pair in red leather, since they had them in stock and I was looking for black. Awesome boots, I like them quite a lot :lol: have a good one Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 3 years later...

^ that is true, all PHPBB boards (this format) do that.

Actually, this is not a phpbb forum, and they only do that if you tell them too.

I have this forum setup to refresh a thread each time a new vote is cast in a thread, otherwise polls end up at the back of a forum, never to be voted on again...

Always a method to the madness :rocker:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Actually, this is not a phpbb forum, and they only do that if you tell them too.

I have this forum setup to refresh a thread each time a new vote is cast in a thread, otherwise polls end up at the back of a forum, never to be voted on again...

Always a method to the madness :rocker:

Ahh, I've seen PHPBBs that have the same behavior regarding polls. Silly me for not noticing.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi @all. i just start in, wo completely knowledge of all posts in this thread :D (@chris) imo it depends of the context, where you want your opinion of ballet heels to be originated (yes, english not my native language :wink:. for me, i absolutely adore high heels in bed and everyting, thats somehow related to it: e.g. bondage, bdsm etc. pp. but in public, as of its incapability to walk in any unnormal way, i prefer "ordinary" high heels. my baseline is, that it depends on the pov you try to rate ballet heels.

• 3 weeks later...

In fact I do not think ballets are beautiful shoes, but they are so fascinating. I do not like the massive form of lsb or punitive shoes- ballets, but the ballets of devious look so vulnerable. there is something very attractive about that thin and high heel, of course because they are such an .. illogical foot wear as well.

Pata: Thats one reason I liked the ones from Qualifetish. Of the pairs I have they are my favorite looking brand. They are great looking, but less sturdy then the Devious boots, so I dont try to walk to far in them. I have a pair of zip up red leather thigh boots, lace up black knee boots, and a pair of patent 'shoes', which I think are the actual first pair of ballet heels I tried about 7 years ago.

@ sevenup: in a certain way I feel them easier to walk than some 6 inch heels, e. g. - but it still takes lot of power to make it look easy and as possible elegantly especially if the underground is not even. Also if walked for longer I feel in the evening what they have done to my whole feet - of course the bones, joints etc. of a foot are not made to carry the whole weight that way (and for so long) - so I´ll be honest: I do not feel it difficult in that sence but I am pretty sure that is not good for me at all. And I am really afraid to get long term consequences like en pointe balletdancers have. I hope I´d be able to recognize if and when I should stop wearing ballets and that I would be strong enough to give it up and that it would not be too late then. @JimC: I always thought qualifetish were the best. Well still they offered so beautiful colours. Still dreaming of some kneehigh-ballets in special colours like blue or violet.. or lots of others :-)

I almost got a pair of purple TLSB thigh boots off ebay, the price was very low untill the final seconds. Oh well, others will pop up. The Ebay market for ballet boots seems to have cooled off. I suspect that everyone who wanted a pair but couldnt spend the money for the quality of Qualifetish/TLSB/Punitive shoes bought pairs of Devious boots, then didnt buy any more. I suspect it's rare for someone to have 7 pairs of ballet heels (such as myself), but I thought the market would have kept going a little longer.

• 2 months later...

I have slightly overstated my position in the poll. I like the look of ballet boots on others, but am 1 week from wearing them myself. My wife has bought me a pair as a gift and they are to arrive next week. I hope that I can do my fetish justice!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey JimC - Got them about a week ago. Had a few trial wearings including some very tottering walking (holding on to things along the way). Look spectacular! Will take some practice though. As I have read here, it seems like the heels are slightly too tall and if you straighten your knees the toes don't reach the floor. I will try to remedy this soon. Thanks for the interest! ST

• 1 month later...

Magnellia: I've got a couple vids of me walking in ballet boots on youtube also.. but I did it on a dirt nature trail, not a mall. It was packed down pretty good but my toes/heels still dug in a bit. Also, in order to get 15 seconds of vid with only a 10 second timer I had to jog away from the camera then walk back. That wasnt very easy, but it was fun to try. Take a peek for balletbootguy on youtube.. Stomcat: Very cool. Be carefull, one pair is just the begining.. hehehe

What strange shoes, I will be curious to try them, isn't difficult to walk? Can I have more pics? Are any members here have got this type of shoes?

Wile: It does take alot of practice to learn to walk in ballet boots. I have several pairs of ballet boots/shoes, and started about 6 years ago. There are several good places to look for pictures, you can try doing a google/yahoo image search, or even sites like deviantart.com and do a search.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried on my first pair of ballet heels today, unfortuately I couldn't get them zipped up & it was the only pair that alternative footwear had in stock :smile: Going to get them to order some in a few weeks, which means another trip up to AF which is always fun

i just got my first pair and it is indeed very hard to walk in them. as already said, it only works as long as i got a hold on something. but let us be realistic, they arent really ment to be worn to walk :smile: