Colors

HappyFeat

Select which colors of heels that you own.  

774 members have voted

1. 1. Select which colors of heels that you own.

• I ONLY own black and brown heels.
    • Reds (red, burgundy, maroon, etc.)
    • Blues (navy, sky, light blue, teal, etc.)
    • Whites (brilliant, eggshell, off white, etc)
    • Grays (pewter, charcoal, etc.)
    • Purples (violet, lavender, plum, lilac)
    • Metallics (gold, silver, bronze, etc.)
    • Yellows (mustard, matte gold, etc.)
    • Pinks
    • Prints (animal, stripes, floral, tie-dye, etc.)
    • Two-tone (such as spectators, for example)
    • Others (Green, orange, etc.)

One of the common complaints I have heard about men's shoes is that most likely they come in two colors...browns and blacks. Sure there are the occasional navy or cordovan or tan, but for the most part, its brown and black. However, when I look into my shoe closet, I notice that the vast majority of my heels are either brown or black. I do have a few pair of blue, red, and white, I still stick to my old habits. Part of it is women's shoes in my size (I wear an 11) are still a bit limited, but also I imagine it is part of my buying habit. I own in more "exotic" colors: 2 red pumps, a pair of red peep toe pumps, a pair of red sandals, a pair of red boots, a pair of teal sandals, 2 pair of navy pumps, 2 pair of white pumps, a pair of gray pumps, a pair of bronze sandals, a pair of silver sandals, a pair of gold sandals, and a pair of animal print/gold sandals. Of these I have worn most of them out, but typically stick to the browns and the blacks when I wear heels out- particularly in daylight. Only about 25% of my heel collection is neither brown or black. I was wondering what colors guys are buying and what colors you wear heeling. Please select any of the above colors that you own and please post any percentages of colors and what colors you choose to wear out, if any. I tied to make the poll as comprehensive as possible, but please post any obvious omissions in your replies.

Style is built from the ground up!

Any color...as long as its black...

Fordish!

Anyway, my colors are black and white, but I overly desire a pair of bright yellow heels.

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Black and brown for me, but mainly because I am not advertising my street heels. I also make sure to get heels that don't clack on the floor, same reason. Otherwise, I do like white, perhaps red as well, and a few other earthy/darker colors.

While I do have heels in white, red, light tan and navy blue, I stick mainly to black and brown to wear outside of the house. I will occasionally wear my white slingback sandals with open toes and wedge heels out shopping, I mainly save sandals and clogs for the beach.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My only heels at the mo are Black but I would like a pair of Red Pumps, pair of White Essex Pumps lol and a pair of Pink Strappy sandles. I love really girly shoes myself and the more girly the colour the better :smile: Having said that you cant beat Black or Red for pure Pulling power

Colors would be really nice but I like the look of classic black and brown. I do have red pair of pumps which do look good but limited for my rural heeling purposes. Brown is easy for looks. I think if I spent more time in places like London and NY I might buy into more colors. Its still fun whatever I can wear! Mtnsofheels

I have many colored heels in my collection. Gold, silver, bronze, blue, red, white, green, clear, orange, yellow, animal print (leopard, snake), burgundy, pink/fucsia, even some multicolored heeled strappy sandals (4 + colors) not forgetting basic black and brown.

You can see a sample of my taste for colored heels, in this case pink, in my old thread at

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/5569-my_collection_pink_hh_sandals.html

Since last post, I´ve bought 4 more pairs in pink (slides, wedges, pumps, sandals), besides others colors.

But I don't do street heeling...

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer black and brown boots. Simply because they are conservative colors that go with almost anything, and they don't attract as much attention as brighter colors like red or white boots do. Yet if I find a shape and style I like, I may one day wear a pair of tall white high heel boots.

OMG, I've got red, wine, black, brown, white, bone, navy blue - that's the boots. Then the shoes there's red, black, white, silver, gold, bronze, brown.....

Too many colors, too little time.....

It's all about the heel!